TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Technical Services Librarian
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
January 1950; Barranquilla, Colombia, SA
- BA 1971, Westminster College
- MLS 1974, Rutgers Graduate School of Library Services
- MA 1978, New York University Graduate School of Arts and Science
Languages and travel.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
My first professional job at New York University School of Law Library because it was so very interesting; my mentor was Marcelia Simpson, Head of the Cataloging Dept.
Current Position Challenges
Cataloging Dutch books for the Brussels office.
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP - Technical Services Librarian, 1999-present
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York – Head of Technical Services, 1985-1999
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York –Chief Cataloger, 1982-1985
- Rutgers Library School of Social Sciences – Cataloger, 1981-1982
- New York University School of Law Library – Associate Curator-Cataloger, 1974-1981
- Passaic Public Library - Library trainee, 1973-1974
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
My husband and I drove from New Jersey to New Mexico in a Dodge Colt, with manual transmission. It broke down in Indiana and we rented a car for the rest of the trip, after leaving the Colt to be fixed in Indiana. We returned next weekend to pick up the Colt and drive back to New Jersey.
Singing all types of songs.
Earliest Childhood Memory
Climbing the mango tree and eating the green fruit.
Where In Five Years?
Hopefully, retired and happy.