TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Brooklyn Law School Library
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
Sept. 5, 1937, Lahore, Pakistan
- Punjab University, INDIA:
- B.A. (English, History & Pol.Sc.)1957;
- LLB. (Laws) 1959;
- Bechelor of .Library Science (1962);
- M.A. (Political Science) 1969.
- M.Lib. Sc. (1974) CUNY Queens College, New York, U.S.A.
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
I have always been close to legal institution because of my father having worked in a Law School in India for more than 25 years. I went to the same Law School and did LLB. After this I worked for State Judicial system and worked for State’s Highest Court , Punjab High Court in Chandigarh, Punjab, INDIA for about 4 years. After leaving this job I practiced Law for few months but did not like.
In between I acquired Library Science degree and Joined Punjab University Library for about 2 years. After this I moved to the Department of Laws, Punjab University Library (where my father worked for 25 years and I also received my Law degree) as Head Librarian and served until May 1970 when I migrated to USA.
Current Position Challenges
I am in Acquisition and Serials Department now and all thru my careers. I kept buying and updating library collection.
- Punjab High Court, Chandigarh, INDIA, May 1959-October 1962;
- Punjab University Library and Department of Laws Library (India), 1964-June 1970;
- New School for Social Research, New York, Sept. 1970-May 1979;
- Suny at Stony Brook Library, Stony Brook, New York, May 1979-June 1982;
- Brooklyn Law School Library, Brooklyn, New York, March 1989- to date.
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Retail business for few years in between the jobs. Customer contact and public relation.
To be of service to the educational community.
Where In Five Years?
- AALL, member since 1989