View the Committee Roster
TYPE: Special Committee
PURPOSE: The Bylaws Review Special Committee is responsible for conducting a review of the Bylaws and Resolutions Committee to determine if it continues to meet the needs of AALL and its entities. In addition, the special committee should examine the process used to review the bylaws of AALL entities and Chapters to ensure that it is an equitable and transparent process. In addition, the special committee should work to ensure the process is straightforward and not overly burdensome on the entity or Chapter.
CHARGE: The committee shall:
- Review the current process(s) in place for reviewing AALL entity and Chapter bylaws.
- Contact the past five chairs of the Bylaws and Resolutions Committee to elicit their feedback on the process used to review entity and Chapter bylaws.
- Contact AALL entities or Chapters which have recently undergone a bylaws review to elicit their feedback on the process.
- Work to develop an equitable and transparent process for the review of AALL entity and Chapter bylaws.
- Develop a process to ensure that the review process is communicated to all AALL entities and Chapters and that process is maintained in a central location on AALLNET and all references to the policy are provided by links to the primary document which details the process.
TIME COMMITMENT: The time commitment is up to four hours a month, depending on the number of conference calls required for the special committee to complete its work.
TENURE: Membership on the special committee shall be until the review has been conducted and the goals of the charge are met. The goal is for the special committee's work to be completed by the fall of 2015.
SIZE: The special committee shall consist of a chair, four members, and a non-voting Executive Board and staff liaison.
STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS COMPLIANCE:
Goal I: Authority
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER COMMTTEES/STRUCTURES: The special committee should consult with past chairs of the Bylaws and Resolutions Committee, and other AALL entities or members necessary to complete its work.