March 8, 2001
Editor and Advisory Committee Appointed for New Price Index for Legal Publications
At its April 2000 meeting, the AALL Executive Board approved the creation of an advisory committee for the new Price Index for Legal Publications. Subsequently, Anne Poulter, Acquisitions/Government Documents Librarian at William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, was appointed editor of the new edition. Poulter will also serve as chair of the advisory committee for one year.
The purpose of the Price Index is to provide accurate and relevant price information for consumers of legal information. It was last published in 1996 under the editorship of Margaret Maes Axtmann.
The Advisory Committee will advise Poulter on methodology and data sources, recommend the categories of material included in the index, review the list of titles included in the index, collect data on pricing of legal publications, and monitor changes in legal publishing that affect the index.
Members of the Price Index Advisory committee include:
- MaryLou Calvin, Warner Norcross & Judd
- Mae Clark, University of Florida
- Sara Gallagan, Dakota County Law Library
- Janeen Heath, Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr
- Jan Novak, Cleveland Law Library Association
- Betty Roeske, Katten Muchin Zavis
- Kendall Svengalis, Rhode Island State University
- Richard Vaughan, Indiana University
- Margie Axtmann, ex-officio