The AALL Spectrum
® blog is published by the American Association of Law Libraries. Submissions from AALL members and other members of the legal community are highly encouraged. Opinions and editorial views expressed are those of the authors and do not represent the official position of AALL. AALL does not assume any responsibility for statements advanced by contributors. Previously, the AALL Spectrum
Blog was located at aallspectrum.wordpress.com
The AALL Spectrum blog is no longer published. Previous posts are archived on this page.
1/4/2013 4:17:22 PM
Highlights from the Fall Issue of the ALL-SIS Newsletter
If you missed sessions this summer during the AALL meeting and haven't yet found the time to listen to the recordings on AALL2go, the Fall 2012 issue of the ALL-SIS newsletter has reviews of programs including
- A4 E-Stats Collection for Your Non-Stacks Collection
- Walking the Tightrope: Licensed Data Access and Restrictions
- Technology and Law Librarianship
- The New FDLP: A Collaborative Future for Government Information
- Law Library Research Assistant Programs: Two Different Models
- Piercing the Veil of Sovereignty: The Sources of International Human Rights Law
- Helping Others Learn, Connect, and Grow Through Times of Stress
- Making Sense of Canadian Legislation
- Asking Hard Questions: Teaching Through Questions and Controversy
- The Law of the Salem Witch Trials
The newsletter also contains member news and a list of the 2012-2013 committee members.
Posted By 1/4/2013 4:17:22 PM
11/5/2012 9:01:43 AM
Promoting Services and Celebrating Differences
Three law librarians walk into a bar ... or rather, three law librarians write a few blog posts. Mari Cheney, Jennifer Dalglish, and Susan Mecklem authored three separate "week in the life" blog posts for the Oregon chapter of the Special Libraries Association. The blog posts were the inspiration for this article on exploring the differences and similarities of Oregon Law Libraries, along with the possibilites that come from working together.
Posted By 11/5/2012 9:01:43 AM