To evaluate AALL support for the cataloging liaisons to ALA’s Subject Analysis Committee (SAC), ALA’s Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access (CC:DA), and the MARC Advisory Committee (MAC).
Evaluate the overall need for, and funding requirements of three cataloging liaisons positions to ALA. This would include:
- Study of other professional library associations funding and/or support for similar positions, including number of positions funded, in what amount, and for which ALA committees.
- Assess the value of the ALA liaison program to AALL members, including definable outcomes in support of law librarianship.
- Research alternative options for the program, including:
- Researching the number of day(s) for the meetings of each committee and limiting attendance to just those day(s).
- Investigate the possibility of attending the committee meetings virtually.
- Work with ALA to determine more cost effective ways to encourage participation in the work of the committees by other library groups
- Based on outcome of the committee findings, make a recommendation to the Executive Board for ALA liaison support.
The committee will meet by conference call as necessary to complete its work, and make its report and recommendation by February 16 for consideration by the Executive Board prior to the winter Finance & Budget committee meeting.
Membership on the committee will be until the committee completes its charge.
The committee shall consist of a chair and six members and a non-voting Executive Board and staff liaison.
STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS COMPLIANCE
- Goal I: Knowledge
- Goal III: Leadership