This special committee will identify and recommend revisions to the AALL Body of Knowledge (BoK) which was approved by the AALL Executive Board in 2018. The intent of these revisions is to reflect current and future needs of law librarians and legal information professionals and validate the foundational competencies and skills that are relevant to the profession.
To achieve this purpose the AALL Body of Knowledge (BoK) Review Special Committee will:
- Review, identify, and recommend revisions, as necessary, to the BoK domains as well as the competencies and skills therein
- Determine revisions by interviewing and surveying AALL members, Special Interest Sections, Chapters, and stakeholders for a diverse and inclusive representation of thoughts and ideas
- Confirm the BoK’s relevance in light of shifts in the profession and industry
- Verify the BoK is both current and future-focused setting the stage for continued professional development
- Goal 2: Professional Growth