The State of the Profession Special Committee reviews, updates, and makes improvements to the existing State of the Profession Survey. Following the collection of responses to the Survey, the Special Committee will also review the content that will be published as the State of the Profession Report. The purpose of the Report is to provide members and their institutions with the information needed to assess current services and practices, effectively advocate for the value of their contributions, and strategically prepare for the future.
The committee shall:
- Review, update, and improve the Survey, which consists of two questionnaires: one for institutions and one for individuals
- Explore the possibility of incorporating questions to capture diversity of law librarians into the Survey questionnaire for individuals; consult with the Diversity & Inclusion Committee throughout this process
- Consult as needed with SISs during the course of reviewing and editing the Survey questionnaires
- Work with the staff liaison to ensure the Survey is conducted according to best practices
- Following the collection of members’ responses to the Survey questionnaires, review the Report prior to publication
Complete responsibilities as assigned by Chair. The time commitment is approximately ten hours a month, depending on the time of year.
Members of the Special Committee serve a term of one year.
The State of the Profession Special Committee consists of 10 members (including one Chair), an Executive Board liaison, and an AALL staff liaison. The liaisons are not members of the Special Committee.
STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS COMPLIANCE
- Goal I: Talent
- Goal II: Engagement
- Goal III: Alliances
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER COMMITTEES/STRUCTURES
Consults with the Diversity & Inclusion Committee and SISs.