- Re:Create Coalition: The Re:Create Coalition represents creators, advocates, thinkers, users, and consumers who stand for a copyright system grounded in the Founders’ promise to “promote the progress of science and useful arts.” AALL is a member of Re:Create.
Governmental & Non-Governmental Organizations
- United States Copyright Office: The United States Copyright Office advises and assists Congress on copyright law and other intellectual property issues, and assists in the drafting of copyright legislation.
- World Intellectual Property Organization: WIPO is an organization that drafts and enacts standardized, international agreements on the protection of creative works.
Entertainment & Media Organizations
- Association of American Publishers: AAP is the principal trade association for the book publishing industry.
- British Phonographic Industry: BPI promotes and advocates on behalf of record companies in the United Kingdom.
- Future of Music Coalition: The Coalition seeks to develop equitable policy initiatives that span the intersection of music and technology, and sponsors an influential annual conference on these topics in Washington, D.C. each January.
- International Federation of Phonographic Industry: IFPI is an international organization that represents record companies and the music industry.
- Motion Picture Association of America: MPAA is the principal trade association of the film industry.
- Recording Industry Association of America: RIAA is the principal trade association of United States record companies and the American music industry.
Computer & Technology Organizations
- Business Software Alliance: BSA is an international organization that represents the interests of the computer software and electronic commerce industries.
- Consumer Technology Association: The CEA represents the nation's major manufacturers of consumer electronics and computers.
- Software & Information Industries Association: SIIA represents the interests of the software and digital content industry.
Licensing, Rights, & Clearances
- American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers: ASCAP is one of two major American organizations that collects music performance royalties on behalf of recording artists, songwriters and performers.
- Broadcast Music, Inc. : Like ASCAP, BMI is a performing rights organization that collects music performance royalties on behalf of recording artists, songwriters and performers.
- Copyright Clearance Center: CCC licenses reproduction rights for electronic and print content, and collects license fees for use of that content.
- Creative Commons: Creative Commons is a project that helps artists and authors protect their works with alternatives to licensing and copyright law.
- Harry Fox Agency: Harry Fox collects licensing royalties on behalf of music publishers.
- Society of European Stage Authors and Composers: Although it is smaller than both ASCAP or BMI, SESAC is a third music performing rights organization in the United States.
Policy Organizations & Think Tanks
- Berkeley Center for Law & Technology: Founded in 1995, the Berkeley Center is the oldest of the academic law and technology centers that are affiliated with American law schools. Its mission is to "foster beneficial and ethical advancement of technology by promoting the understanding and guiding the development of intellectual property ... as they intersect with business, science and technology."
- Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society: Affiliated with Harvard Law School, the Berkman Center is a research center that studies the Internet and the laws that apply to it.
- Center for Internet and Society: Stanford Law School's public interest technology law and policy program.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: EFF is a electronic civil liberties organization that has litigated many copyright cases in federal court.
- Information Society Project: Affiliated with Yale Law School, ISP is an intellectual center studying the implications of the Internet and new information technologies for law and society.
- Research and Resource Guides
- AALL Advocacy
- AALL Government Relations
- Knowledge Center
- Body of Knowledge (BoK)
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (IP)
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (IP)--Creative Commons
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (IP)--Libraries
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (IP)--Title 17
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (IP)--Title 17--Fair Use (Section 107)
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (IP)--Title 17--First Sale (Section 109)
- Copyright and Intellectual Property (IP)--Title 17--Library Exemption (Section 108)
- Research and Analysis (Body of Knowledge--BoK)