AALL strongly supports network neutrality, the principle that ensures that all internet traffic is treated equally. Network neutrality has kept the Internet open and non-discriminatory and has allowed it to thrive and flourish, promoting innovation, competition, and intellectual freedom.
Issue Briefs and Reports
- Advocacy One-Pager, Support the Save the Internet Act (July 2019)
- Letter to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Asking him to bring the Save the Internet Act, S.682, to a vote (June 11, 2019)
- Letter to Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, Urging House members to pass the Save the Internet Act, H.R. 1644 (April 2, 2019)
- Before the Federal Communications Commission, Comments of the American Association of Law Libraries, the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries, American Library Association, and the Chief Officers of State Library Agencies, GN Docket No. 17-108 (July 17, 2017)
- Letter to Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai and Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Chairman John Thune and Ranking Member Bill Nelson, In support of net neutrality (March 7, 2017)