AALL’s student membership provides you with the tools and resources you need to help start your career as a legal information professional and build your network when you graduate.
Law librarians continue to be a force in leading research initiatives and in this ever-increasing data-driven world—skills in research, collections, data curation, retrieval and accessibility have played an important role. Law librarians do more than answer reference questions or shelve books. They lead strategies in competitive intelligence and knowledge management, create artificial intelligence bots to support common legal services; handle business intelligence, provide solutions for reducing costs; and so much more.
Why Join AALL?
Network, connect, and gain invaluable insights from legal information professionals from all different library types (academic, law firm, corporate/government) from across the country through AALL communities, programs, and events.
Gain access to the latest developments in legal information, innovation, research, and technology; share ideas and best practices.
Full-time students at the undergraduate or graduate level are eligible to join AALL at a drastically reduced rate (75% off the current individual member rate). Upon joining, students will be required to provide proof of status, such as a transcript, statement from their faculty advisor, or other means confirming full-time status, initially and annually if requested.
What You Get
- Students receive all the benefits of a full individual membership.
- A 10 to 40 percent tuition savings with Drexel University’s online degree and certificate program, including 25% tuition savings on Drexel’s online Master’s in Library and Information Science program.
- Free access to a full set of online lessons hosted by the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction.
- AALL provides several scholarships and grants, including a scholarship and fellowship aimed toward minority students, research grants, grants to assist with attending AALL’s Annual Meeting & Conference, as well as other conferences/events.
- The AALL Mentor Program pairs individuals with an experienced member who will provide valuable insight and advice on charting your career path.
- Network with fellow students in AALL’s student-only community.
If you have not already done so, please create a free profile and then use the online membership dues application to join and pay online with a credit card at any time. When you select “Student” the reduced rate will automatically be applied. You can also join one of the 14 SISs at $20 each as well.