Amplify Your Great Idea/Project
Innovation is change that adds value and improves productivity. It comes in many forms—new offerings, new ways of delivering existing services, applying technology creatively, a new operating model or a tutorial for process improvement, new solutions to a problem, or a new collaboration or special outreach to stakeholders.
Law librarians and legal information professionals innovate every day—especially in the past year. The AALL Innovation Showcase is your opportunity to share your ideas, help fellow members, and maybe even win a prize.
Share your innovations
AALL is looking for short videos (five minutes or less) demonstrating or describing a solution to a professional or personal challenge. It could be something you are hoping to implement, something you have already implemented, or even something you tried to implement that did not end up being successful. Whether it’s a narrated slide presentation or a full-scale Hollywood production, your video belongs in AALL’s Innovation Showcase. Please note video submission is limited to AALL members only.
Videos will be categorized by three library types: law school, law firm, and government. Later this summer, AALL members will be able to view the videos and vote for the innovations they find most helpful, and a check for $1,000 will be awarded to the winning video in each category. You may submit as many videos as you like, as long as each one presents a different innovation.
- Video should be five minutes or less.
- Make sure that the video file name matches the title of the video.
- Include the video’s title at the beginning of the video, and include the name(s) of all contributors at the beginning or end of the video.
- Explain the challenge or problem your idea or project is meant to address. If you are sharing a project that has already been implemented, tell us how it worked out.
- By submitting the video file(s) to AALL you agree that you own all rights to the file and you also acknowledge and agree that AALL may use the video(s) in internal and external marketing materials and on AALL’s social media channels.
The deadline to submit your video is Monday, June 14—share yours now!
Questions? Contact Heidi Letzmann.
AALL BODY OF KNOWLEDGE DOMAINS: Information Management; Management + Business Acumen; Marketing + Outreach; Professionalism + Leadership at Every Level; Research + Analysis; Teaching + Training
This opportunity is co-sponsored by the American Association of Law Libraries and LexisNexis.