John Beatty, Chair
University at Buffalo Law Library
The Annual Meeting Program Planning Committee is charged with coordinating programs for the AALL Annual Meeting. The Committee Chair and Vice-Chair propose and coordinate the Cool Tools Cafe for AMPC.
The Committee reviews and advises CS-SIS members on their program proposals and does the same for joint sponsorship proposals from other SISes and AALL groups. As part of their review, the Committee makes CS-SIS sponsorship recommendations to the CS Board for final approval. Sponsorship of a CS-SIS member’s program is only possible if the Cool Tools Cafe is picked up by AMPC. Part of the Committee’s coordination role is to arrange a discussion where CS members can discuss their program ideas and match mutual interests.
The Annual Meeting Program Planning Committee is chaired and vice-chaired by members of CS-SIS. The CS-SIS Chair, Vice-chair, and Immediate Past Chair also serve on the committee.
The Committee Chair:
- with the help of the Vice-Chair, proposes the Cool Tools Cafe program for AMPC and coordinates it if it runs
- with the help of the Vice-Chair, arranges a discussion and feedback session on program ideas for CS-SIS members
- coordinates planning on other CS programming activities at the Annual Meeting, such as roundtables
- reports briefly on the committee’s activities at the CS-SIS business meeting
- submits a written report to the CS-SIS Chair detailing the committee’s activities according to the deadline set by the Chair each year; sends a copy of the report to the Secretary/Treasurer
- writes and/or updates documentation to pass on to the following Committee chair via the CS Google Drive account