Cultural Intelligence Makes a Difference: Are You Culturally Competent?
Thursday, June 4 | 11 a.m. CDT
Register by Monday, June 1
AALL Members – Complimentary; Non-members – $60
This webinar, led by Michelle Villagran, certified cultural intelligence facilitator at Cultural Intelligence Center, will provide an overview of cultural intelligence (CQ), how it can be used, and how to improve your own work performance using CQ.
Now Available On-Demand
- Security Issues in Law Libraries
- User-Friendly Library Websites: Site Navigation & Design
- User-Friendly Library Websites: Writing Content for the Web
Pick of the Month
Selected by AALL’s Continuing Professional Education Committee.
GRANTS DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 24
AALL/Bloomberg BNA Continuing Education Grants
Applications due Thursday, September 24
Planning educational events for the fall? AALL is committed to providing support for local and regional programming year-round. Chapters, special interest sections, caucuses, member institutions, and individual AALL members are encouraged to apply.
AALL congratulates the 2014-2015 AALL/Bloomberg BNA Continuing Education Grant Recipients:
- Law Repositories 2015: Shaping the Future Conference Steering Committee
- Law Librarians of Puget Sound
- Northern California Association of Law Libraries
- San Diego Area Law Libraries
- Southeastern Chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries
SUBMIT YOUR WEBINAR PROPOSAL
We Want to Hear From You
Do you have an idea for a webinar? Are you, or is someone you know, an expert on a subject important to legal information professionals? We would love to hear from you!
Submit your ideas, suggestion, or proposal.
SAVE $100—REGISTER FOR AALL 2015 BY JUNE 5
Join Your Colleagues at the AALL Annual Meeting in Philly!
Sharpen your professional edge with these educational opportunities:
Register by June 5 to save $100 on conference registration.
REGISTER NOW FOR AALL’S NEWEST EDUCATION PROGRAM
The legal industry is constantly changing–how will you meet the changing demands of the workplace? The AALL Business Skills Clinic is a two-day intensive learning experience designed to teach core business skills that contribute to the achievement of individual, team, and organizational goals. Gain insights and knowledge from experts in the fields of:
- Managerial finance
- Human resources
- Marketing and communications
- Performance measures
- Strategic planning
Participants will learn:
- Principles of strategic planning and implementation
- Best practices in personnel management
- Skills and strategies for negotiating
- Methods to evaluate, effectively communicate, and market services
- Metrics to align performance with organizational goals
- Basics of managerial finance to inform financial decision making
Don’t miss this opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in a small group setting while gaining essential skills, tools, and techniques to equip you for the road ahead.
Register early—space is limited to 50 participants. Contact Celeste R. Smith, AALL director of education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.205.8032 for more information.
Program support provided by a grant from Bloomberg BNA.