This webinar, led by Decision Strategies International Consultant Franklin Shen, will highlight one of six disciplines of strategic thinking–Anticipate. Focusing on the need for leaders to anticipate, be prepared for, and lead through change, participants will learn how to examine external and internal forces to impact strategy.
Shen will discuss all six strategies of strategic thinking in the library during an upcoming Annual Meeting program in Philadelphia.
This webinar, led by Michelle Villagran, certified cultural intelligence facilitator
at Cultural Intelligence Center, will discuss an overview of cultural intelligence (CQ), how it can be used, and how to improve your own work performance using CQ.
Now Available On-Demand
- User-Friendly Library Websites: Site Navigation & Design
- User-Friendly Library Websites: Writing Content for the Web
Pick of the Month
Selected by AALL’s Continuing Professional Education Committee.
SUBMIT YOUR WEBINAR PROPOSAL
We Want to Hear From You
Do you have an idea for a webinar? Are you, or is someone you know, an expert on a subject important to legal information professionals? We would love to hear from you!
GRANTS DEADLINE MAY 7
AALL/Bloomberg BNA Continuing Education Grants
Applications due Thursday, May 7
Planning educational events for the fall? AALL is committed to providing support for local and regional programming year-round. Chapters, special interest sections, caucuses, member institutions, and individual AALL members are encouraged to apply.
Congratulations to recent grant award winners: Northern California Association of Law Libraries and Law Librarians of Puget Sound.
NEW AALL 2015 SESSIONS
More Reasons to Join Us in Philly!
- Effective Content Management for Improved Patron Service
- Finding Legal Opportunities Through Forensic Business Development Research
- Struggling with Juggling? How to Stress Less
- Strategic Integration of E-books and Digital Content in Law Libraries
- Influence: The Art and Science of Changing Minds
- Enterprise Social Media: A Business Tool for the Future
- Motivating Staff to Achieve Your Organization’s Goals
- Contestant, Doctor, Lawyer, Chef: IBM Watson Moving from Jeopardy to the Legal Landscape
- Take Control of Your Reputation
- Technological Innovation in the Practice of Law
Register by June 5 to save $100 on conference registration.
CALL FOR AALL 2015 COFFEE TALKS TOPICS
Friday, May 15
Got a burning question you’d like to ask? Maybe you’d like to pick your colleagues’ brains about a new innovation. Wondering if anybody has dealt with a situation similar to the one you find yourself in now? Informal Coffee Talk discussions at AALL 2015 will be your opportunity to brainstorm; sound off; and share challenges, experiences, and ideas.
SAVE THE DATE FOR AALL’S NEWEST EDUCATION PROGRAM
AALL Business Skills Clinic
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile | Chicago, Illinois
Registration opens soon
The AALL Business Skills Clinic is a two-day intensive experience designed to give you a foundation in strategic planning, managerial finance, human resources, negotiations, performance measures, and marketing/communications.