The following broad criteria should be considered in the selection process. Nominees may excel in one or more areas (including, but not limited to):
- Outstanding leadership in the Section, at meetings, and in committee work.
- Special and notable service to the Section, such as participation in special projects.
- Participation in Section educational programs and public-speaking activities.
- Mentoring activities that encourage others in the Section.
- Activities that encourage others to join the section.
Individuals may nominate themselves or others. Nominees must be a member of the Section, active or retired. Nominations may be submitted by any Section member.
All nominations must include:
- A letter of nomination, including the candidate’s full name, title, and institution name and address. (If the candidate is retired, include name, home address, and most recent former employer);
- A narrative supporting the nomination, including a discussion of the candidate’s contributions to the Section;
- A curriculum vita of the candidate; and
- The name, e-mail address and phone number of the nominating party.
Current Executive Committee members are ineligible for nomination.
The award will be presented periodically at the discretion of the Executive Committee. There is no requirement that the award be given at any particular interval.
All nominations must be received by March 15 of the year in which the award may be made. If an award is given, it will be awarded at the Annual Meeting.
|2020||Heidi Frostestad Kuehl|
|2014||Lyonette Louis-Jacques and Alison Shea|
|2012||Marylin Raisch and Dennis Sears|
|2011||Mila Rush and Ellen Schaffer|
|2009||Marci Hoffman, Mary Rumsey, and Maria Smolka-Day|