GLL'S MARKETING MAVEN: Summer 2018
State Law Librarian
Minnesota State Law Library
1. What motivated you to market your Strategic plan for the Minnesota State Law Library?
I was grateful to be able to look at other libraries’ strategic plans, so I thought it might be useful for others who are starting their planning.
2. How has the program been received so far, and how will you evaluate its success?
The court was very happy with the result. My Supreme Court liaison reviewed it and had me make a few changes, but overall he was impressed with our plans. The management team reviews the plan every quarter to check in with where we are. We have completed several items. We have taken a few things off the plan, and added a couple, but we are making good progress.
3. What “if only I knew!” advice would you give others wanting to replicate the program?
It was easier than I thought it would be. It was time consuming, but the work was very valuable. Everyone got to really think about what we do and how we do it. We used an internal court employee to facilitate, so it cost us no money to do – just our time.
4. What’s the best way to spend a day off from work?
Reading a book! Cliché maybe, but it’s such a treat when I can do it.
5. What are you currently reading?
Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead