Appellate Court Library Standards (Rev. July 2016)
County Public Law Library Standards (Rev. April 2015)
Sacramento County Public Law Library
San Diego County Public Law Library
Connecticut State Library Information Services Division (Law and Legislative Collections)
Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Maryland State Law Library
Minnesota State Law Library (.pdf)
Utah State Law Library (.pdf)
Library of Congress (Law and Government Publications)
Wisconsin State Law Library (.pdf)
- American Association of Law Libraries. County Public Law Library Standards (2015), http://www.aallnet.org/mm/Leadership-Governance/policies/PublicPolicies/policy-county-standards.html (last visited Feb 25, 2016).
- American Association of Law Libraries. Appellate Court Libraries and State Law Libraries Standards (2013), http://www.aallnet.org/mm/Leadership-Governance/policies/PublicPolicies/policy-appellate-standards.html (last visited Feb 25, 2016).
- Acquisitions Committee, Technical Services Special Interest Section, American Association of Law Libraries. Bibliography – Creating Collection Development Policies, http://www.aallnet.org/sections/ts/Resources/Collection-Development-Policies/Bibliography (last visited Feb 25, 2016).
- Federal Depository Library Program. Suggested Core Collections, http://www.fdlp.gov/requirements-guidance-2/collections-and-databases/267-suggested-core-collections (last visited Feb 25, 2016).
- Federal Depository Library Program. FDLP.gov, Essential Titles for Public Use in Paper or Other Tangible Format (2016), http://www.fdlp.gov/requirements-guidance-2/collections-and-databases/1443-essential-titles (last visited Feb 25, 2016).
- Jamie Baker, Issues Surrounding eBook Collections in Law Libraries RIPS Law Librarian Blog (2015), https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/issues-surrounding-ebook-collections-in-law-libraries/ (last visited Feb 25, 2016).
- Jamie Baker, Collection Development: Just in Time & Just in Case RIPS Law Librarian Blog (2016), https://ripslawlibrarian.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/collection-development-just-in-time-just-in-case/ (last visited Feb 25, 2016).
AUDIO RECORDINGS: CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Anatomy of a license agreement. Recorded AALL 104rd Annual Meeting and Conference (2011).
- Best practices for evaluating a new electronic resource. Recorded AALL 104rd Annual Meeting and Conference (2011).
- Collection development tools: from “Tried and True” to “Spiffy and New”. Recorded AALL 103rd Annual Meeting and Conference (2010).
- E-books and the future of legal publishing. Recorded AALL 104rd Annual Meeting and Conference (2011).
- FOIA requests and preservation: an emerging collection development model for the virtual library. Recorded AALL 103rd Annual Meeting and Conference (2010).
- Mapping a digital collection development policy: new sign posts or a whole new road? – Sound recording. Recorded AALL 103rd Annual Meeting and Conference (2010).
- Old into new: collaborative law library digital collections. Recorded AALL 104rd Annual Meeting and Conference (2011).
- Visionary collection development: strategies for building legal collections on emerging social issues. Recorded AALL 98th AALL Annual Meeting and Conference (2005).
- James S. Heller, Collection Development, Licensing, and Acquisitions, in Law Librarianship in the Twenty-First Century (R. Balleste, 2013)
- Michael G. Chiorazzi, Law Library Collection Development in the Digital Age (2002).
- Vicente E. Garces, American Association of Law Libraries. Survey on Collection Development Policies and Selection Practices (2006).
- Sara Holder, Library Collection Development for Programs: Trends and Best Practices (2013).
- Peggy Johnson, Fundamentals of Collection Development & Management (2004).
- Ellyssa Kroski, Law Librarianship in the Digital Age (2014).
- Thomas W. Leonhardt, Handbook of Electronic and Digital Acquisitions (2006).
- Julius J Marke, Legal Research and Law Library Management (2006).
- Primary Research Group. Survey of Law Library Database Licensing Practices (2016).
- Primary Research Group. Law Library Plans for the Print Materials Collection (2015).
- Di Su, Collection Development Issues in the Online Environment (2007).
- Kendall F. Svengalis, Legal Information Buyer’s Guide and Reference Manual (annual).
- Matt Torrence, et al.Something’s Gotta Give: Is There a Future for the Collection Development Policy? in Something's Gotta Give: Charleston Conference Proceedings(B. R. Bernhardt, et al., 2012).
- Gladys Cotter, Electronic Collection Management and Electronic Information Services, 25 Info. Svcs. & Use 23 (2005).
- William M. Cross, Restoring the Public Library Ethos: Copyright, E-Licensing, and the Future of Librarianship, 104 Law Libr. J. 195 (2012).
- Thomas M. Izbicki, Electronic-Products: Questions to Ask Vendors—and Yourself, 6 Charleston Advisor 64 (2005).
- Peggy Roebuck Jarrett & Susan Lyons, Law Library Depositories: The Next 200 Years: Part of Our Ability to Positively Shape Government Information Policy Lies in Our Participation in the FDLP, 18 AALL Spectrum 33 (May 2014).
- John. Kennedy, A Collection Development Policy for Digital Information Resources? 54 Australian Library Journal 238 (August 2005).
- Anne Klinefelter, First Amendment Limits on Library Collection Management, 102 Law Libr. J. 343 (2010).
- Steven A. Lastres, Collection Development in the Age of the Virtual Law Firm Library: How to Expand Your Footprint beyond Your Walls, 15 AALL Spectrum 20 (May 2011).
- Leslie Lee & Michelle Wu, DMCA, CTEA, UCITA…Oh My! An Overview of Copyright Law and Its Impact on Library Acquisitions and Collection Development of Electronic Resources, 19 Acquisitions Librarian 83 (2007).
- H. Rashid, Law Library Collection Development in the Digital Age, 29 Canadian Law Libraries 94 (2004).
- Sallie Smith, Susanna Leers, & Patricia Roncevich, Database Ownership: Myth or Reality, 103 Law Libr. J. 233 (2011).
- Michael Stoller, Building Library Collections: It’s Still about the User, 24 Collection Building 4 (2005).
- Roy Tennant, Collection Development Today, 130 Library Journal 28 (2005).