Hall of Fame Induction: 2011
Significant AALL Service
- Member, Special Committee on the Future of AALL, 1983–84
- Chair, State, Court, & County Law Libraries Special Interest Section, 1984–85
- President, Minnesota Association of Law Libraries, 1986–87
- Chair, Annual Meeting Local Arrangements Committee, 1989–90
- Chair, Financial Advisory Committee, 1992–94
- Treasurer, 1995–98
- Chair, Executive Board Finance and Budget Committee, 1995–98
- Chair, Task Force to Explore Funding Opportunities for Law Libraries, 1998–2000
Professional Honors and Awards
- Minnesota Association of Law Libraries Law Librarianship Award for Outstanding Service, 1990
- Unsung Legal Hero Award, Minnesota Lawyer, 2008
- Bethany J. Ochal Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession, 2009
- Hennepin County Law Library was renamed the Anne W. Grande Law Library, “in appreciation of Ms. Grande’s many years of dedicated service,” by the Hennepin County Board of Commissioners, 2009
AALL Hall of Fame, Inductee, 2011
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- “The New Hennepin County Law Library,” Hennepin Lawyer 45 (Nov.-Dec. 1976): 10–11.
- “Searching for Case Law Using Reporters, Digests and Computers.” In Legal Research for the Practicing Attorney. St. Paul, Minn.: Advanced Legal Education, 1978.
- “Finding Facts Fast Through Libraries and Other Government Agencies.” In Legal Research Beyond Tradition. St. Paul, Minn.: Advanced Legal Education, 1981.
- “Time-Saving Services at Your County Law Library,” Hennepin Lawyer 62 (Sept.-Oct. 1992): 12–14.
- “Hennepin County Law Library Links to Legal Resources,” Hennepin Lawyer 69 (Oct. 2000): 10–11.
- “The Leader as Manager.” In Leadership Roles for Librarians, Herbert E. Cihak and Joan S. Howland, eds., 97–115. Buffalo, N.Y.: William S. Hein & Co., 2002. (AALL Publications Series No. 66).
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Edward Carroll, “Career Retrospective: Anne W. Grande,” MALL (Minnesota Association of Law Libraries) Newsletter 36 (Nov.-Dec. 2009): 5–6.
- Hennepin County Board of Commissioners, Resolution No. 09-0509 in support of the Hennepin County Law Library Name Change, Adopted Nov. 3, 2009, available at http://board.co.hennepin.mn.us/sirepub/pubmtgframe.aspx?meetid=543&doctype=MINUTES.
- Hennepin County Bar Association Memorial Service, “Special Recognition: In Memoriam, Anne Wilson Grande,” Hennepin County District Court, Fourth Judicial District, Special Session, April 20, 2011.
- Mary Lu Linnane, “Coggins, Grande, Johnson, and Jurkins: 2011 AALL Hall of Fame Inductees,” AALL Spectrum 15 (June 2011): 24–25.
- Reference Librarian for Government Documents, Harvard College Library, 1969–70
- Administrative Assistant, Department of Public Services, Harvard College Library, 1970–71
- Reference Librarian, Hennepin County (Minnesota) Law Library, 1971–75
- Acting Director, Hennepin County (Minnesota) Law Library, 1975–76
- Director, Hennepin County (Minnesota) Law Library, 1976–2008
- B.S., Iowa State University, 1967
- M.L.S., Simmons College, 1969
- M.B.A., University of Minnesota, 1986