Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Chair, Annual Meeting Local Arrangements Committee, 1976–77
Professional Honors and Awards
- Honoured Member of Canadian Association of Law Libraries, 1998
- Law Foundation of Ontario Guthrie Award, 1999
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 2000 (first Canadian to receive the award)
- Osgoode Hall Law School Library Special Collections Named in His Honor, 2008
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- A Selective Bibliography on State Constitutional Revision. New York: National Municipal League, 1963 (with Libby H. Fishman).
- “General Monographic Bibliographies,” Law Library Journal 69 (1976): 364–65.
- Inventory of Canadian Secondary Legal Literature, 1970–1986. Ottawa: Canadian Legal Information Centre, 1990 (with Guy Tanguay).
- “Diana Mary Priestly: An Appreciation,” Law Library Journal 90 (1998): 123–28 (with Ann Rae).
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- “Gallagher Award Recipients Named,” AALL Spectrum 4 (June 2000): 30.
Ann Rae, “Balfour Halévy Recipient of the Marian Gould Gallagher Award,” Canadian Law Libraries 25 (2000): 166–67.
- Oral History of Balfour Halévy (unpublished). Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History, 2003. 153 pp.
- Assistant Lecturer, University College of Wales, 1958–61
- Reference Librarian, Columbia University, 1961–63
- Acting Librarian, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1963–67
- Law Librarian, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1967–99 (founding librarian)
- Law Librarian Emeritus and Professor Emeritus, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, 1999–present
- LL.B., London University, 1956
- M.C.L., Tulane University, 1958
- M.S.L.S., Columbia University, 1963
Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside law librarianship)
- Admitted to practice, London, 1957
- Admitted to practice, Ontario, 1968
- Co-founder, Canadian Legal Information Council