Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Editor, Index to Legal Periodicals, 1925–42
- President, 1934–35
- Chair, Committee on Cooperation with Latin-American Law Libraries, 1943–45
Professional Honors and Awards
- Elected Honorary Life Member of AALL, 1942
- Resolution of Appreciation, 1943
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- “The Law School and the Practicing Lawyer,” American Law School Review 4 (1916): 212–17.
- “Some Aspects of the Status of Children in Missouri,” University of Missouri Bulletin Law Series 10 (February 1916): 3–38.
- “Jurisdiction Over Foreigners in Siam,” American Journal of International Law 16 (1922): 585–603.
- “The Harvard Law School Library,” Law Library Journal 18 (1925): 123–26.
- “Some Difficulties in the Way of A History of American Law,” Illinois Law Review 23 (1929): 683–88.
- “Siam in the Modern World,” Foreign Affairs 9 (1931): 657–64.
- “The First Printed English Law Book,” American Bar Association Journal 19 (1933): 185–87.
- “Law Libraries in the Survey of the Legal Profession,” Law Library Journal 41 (1948): 104–10.
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Helen Newman, “Memorial to Eldon Revare James,” Law Library Journal 42 (1949): 194–96
- Roscoe Pound, “Eldon Revare James: An Appreciation,” Law Library Journal 42 (1949): 76–77
- Practiced law in Cincinnati, 1899–1911
- Instructor and Professor of Law, University of Cincinnati, 1902–12
- Professor of Law, University of Wisconsin School of Law, 1912–13
- Professor of Law, University of Minnesota, 1913–14
- Dean, University of Missouri Law School, 1914–18
- Advisor in Foreign Affairs to the Government of Siam, 1918–24
- Judge, Supreme Court of Siam, 1919–24
- Professor of Law and Librarian, Harvard Law School, 1923–42
- Law Librarian of Congress, 1943–46
- B.S., University of Cincinnati, 1896
- LL.B., University of Cincinnati, 1899
- Doctor of the Science of Law, Harvard, 1912
Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside law librarianship)
- Trustee of the Cincinnati Bureau of Municipal Research, 1909–11
- Possessor of the Grand Cross of Siam, 1921
- Possessor of the Grand Cross of the White Elephant, 1923
- Secretary, Cambridge Historical Society
- Special Assistant to the Attorney General of the United States, 1942
- Attorney, Legal Division of Transportation Corps of the U.S. War
- Department, 1942–43
- Law School Consultant for Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Co., 1946–47