Skip to content
Elizabeth Benyon, 1900–1987
Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Charter Member, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, March 20, 1947
- President, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, 1953–54
- Chair, AALL Committee on Cataloging and Classification, 1956–58
Professional Honors & Awards
- Voted Life Member at AALL 60th Annual Meeting, 1967
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 1992
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by Inductee
- “Class K (Law) at the University of Chicago,” Law Library Journal 40 (1947): 9–21.
- Classification, Class K: Law. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, 1948.
- “Classification for Law Books,” Journal of Cataloging and Classification 6 (Spring 1950): 35–40.
- “The Classification of Law Books,” Law Library Journal 50 (1957): 542–67.
Selected Publications About Inductee
- Judith Wright, “Memorials: Elizabeth Benyon,” Law Library Journal 81 (1989): 619–20.
- Cataloger, University of Chicago Library, 1923–43
- Cataloger, University of Chicago Law Library, 1943–50
- Acting Law Librarian, University of Chicago Law Library, 1950–51
- Assistant Law Librarian, University of Chicago Law Library, 1950–67
- Ph.B., University of Chicago, 1922