Skip to content
Forrest S. Drummond, 1910 – 1993
Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Chair, Committee on Cumulation of Vols. 1–18 of Index to Legal Periodicals and Promotion of Current Subscriptions, 1940–41
- Chair, Committee on Permanent Budget Plan, 1941–42
- Chair, Committee on Cumulation of Index to Legal Periodicals, 1941–42
- Chair, Committee on Index to Legal Periodicals, 1947–52, 1954–71
- President, Law Library Association of Greater New York, 1948–49
- AALL Executive Board, 1949–51
- AALL President-Elect, 1951–52
- AALL President, 1952–53
- Chair, Committee on Law Library Journal, 1953–54
- Chair, Committee on Cooperation with Library of Congress, 1953–54
- Chair, Special Policy Committee, 1954–56
- Chair, Program Committee, 1961–62
- Chair, Statistics and Directory Committee, 1962–63
- Chair, Local Arrangements Committee, 1965–66
Professional Honors and Awards
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 1988
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- “Federation Plan of Reorganization of the American Library Association,” Law Library Journal 32 (1939): 286–87.
- “The Possibilities of Pre-Binding,” Law Library Journal 34 (1941): 226–28.
- “Differences Between Bar and Law School Libraries,” Law Library Journal 40 (1947): 173–78 (with Carroll Moreland).
- “Time Saving Methods in Accessions,” Law Library Journal 43 (1950): 181–83.
- “The New Los Angeles County Law Library Building,” Law Library Journal 47 (1954): 155–61.
- “The History of the Index to Legal Periodicals,” Law Library Journal 49 (1956): 148–56.
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Richard T. Iamele, “[Memorial:] Forrest Drummond,” Law Library Journal 86 (1994): 378–79.
- Librarian, University of Chicago Law Library, 1937–42
- Assistant Librarian, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 1946–50
- Librarian, Los Angeles County Law Library, 1950–80
- Ph.B., University of Chicago, 1932
- J.D., University of Chicago, 1934
Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside AALL)
- Admitted to Practice of Law, Illinois, 1934
- Charter Member, Southern California Association of Law Libraries
- Founder and President, Council of California County Law Librarians