Skip to content
Francis R. (Bob) Doyle, 1938 –
Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Chair, Elections Committee, 1982–87
- President, Chicago Association of Law Library Libraries, 1991–92
Professional Honors and Awards
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 2003
- Chicago Association of Law Libraries Lifetime Achievement in Law Librarianship Award, 2003
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- Index to Multilateral Treaties, editor. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard Law School, 1965 (with Vaclav Mostecky).
- “A Nickel for Your . . . .: The Copyright Problem,” Law Library Journal 69 (1976): 203–09.
- Searching the Law. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Transnational, 1987 (with Edward Bander & Frank Bae).
- Searching the Law—The States. 2nd ed. Irvington-on-Hudson, N.Y.: Transnational, 1989.
- “Networking in a Law School Environment,” Trends in Law Library Management and Technology 2 (March 1989): 3–5.
- Searching the Law. 2d ed. Ardsley, N.Y.: Transnational, 1999 (with Edward Bander).
- Searching the Law—The States. 3rd ed. Ardsley, N.Y.: Transnational, 2000.
- Searching the Law—The States. 4th ed. Ardsley, N.Y.: Transnational, 2003.
- Searching the Law. 3d ed. Ardsley, N.Y.: Transnational, 2005 (with Edward Bander, Brank Bae, Joel Fishman, and Paul Richert).
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Mary Ann Parker, “Three to Receive Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award,” AALL Spectrum 7 (June 2003): 12–13.
- Assistant to Foreign Law Librarian, Harvard Law School, 1955–67
- Director, Middlesex Law Library Association, Cambridge, MA, 1967–72
- Reference Librarian, Harvard Law School, 1970–71
- Public Service/Reference Librarian, University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall), 1972–77
- Director and Professor of Law, Loyola University (Chicago) School of Law Library, 1977–2003
- B.A., Boston University, 1963
- J.D., New England School of Law, 1972
- M.L.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1977
Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside AALL)
- Co-Founder, Chicago Legal Academic System
- Board of Directors, Law Library Microform Consortium, 1982–88
- President, Jesuit Conference of Law Libraries, 1991–92
- Loyola Law Alumni Association, St. Thomas More Award, October 2003