Skip to content
Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Secretary, 1965–70
- Representative, Council of National Library and Information Associations, 1965–83
- Chair, Index to Legal Periodicals Committee, 1970–74
- Co-chair, Annual Meeting Program Committee, 1970–71
- Vice President/President-Elect, 1974–75
- President, 1975–76
- Immediate Past President, 1976–77
- Co-chair, Annual Meeting Program Committee, 1979–8
- Chair, Executive Director Search Committee, 1981
Professional Honors and Awards
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 1993
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- “Treatises, Restatements, Form Books, Word Books, Directories and Location Tools.” In How to Find the Law, 7th ed., edited by Morris L. Cohen, 285–305. St. Paul, Minn.: West Pub. Co., 1976.
- “Rare Books in the Cornell Law Library,” Cornell Law Forum 8 (Feb. 1982): 8–11.
- “Library Costs as a Percentage of Law School Budgets,” Law Library Journal 80 (1988): 439–46.
- “A National Law Library for Liberia,” Cornell Law Forum 16 (March 1990): 16–20.
- “House Adopts New Library Standards,” Syllabus 26 (Fall 1995): 3.
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- “Jane L. Hammond,” in Frank G. Houdek, “AALL History through the Eyes of Its Presidents,” Law Library Journal 98 (2006): 305–06.
- Cataloger, Harvard Law School Library, 1952–54
- Assistant Librarian, Villanova University School of Law Library, 1954–62
- Law Librarian and Professor, Villanova University School of Law, 1962–76
- Adjunct Professor, Drexel University, 1971–74
- Edward Cornell Law Librarian and Professor of Law, Cornell Law School, 1976–93
- Librarian Emeritus and Professor Emeritus, Cornell Law School, 1993–present
- B.A., University of Dubuque, 1950
- M.S.L.S., Columbia University, 1952
- J.D., Villanova University, 1965
Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside law librarianship)
- Admitted to practice, Pennsylvania, 1965
- Member, Depository Library Council to the Public Printer, 1975–78
- Member, Association of American Law Schools Executive Committee, 1977
- Chair, Council of National Library and Information Associations, 1979–80
- Member, ABA Accreditation Committee, 1981–87 (Vice-Chair, 1982–83; Chair, 1983–84)
- Member, Council of the ABA Section of Legal Education & Admissions to the Bar, 1985–90
- Library Fellow, American Library Association, 1989, project to organize the National Bar Association Law Library in Monrovia, Liberia