Skip to content
Leon M. Liddell, 1914 – 2003
Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Charter Member, Minnesota Association of Law Libraries, December 1, 1955
- Chair, Placement Committee, 1962–65
- President, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, 1963–64
- Executive Board, 1970–71
Professional Honors and Awards
- Elected Life Member of AALL, 1980
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 1989
- Benefactor Award, North Central Texas College Library
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- Connecticut Library Survey. Hartford, CT: State Department of Education, Division of Research and Planning, 1948. (With Edward A. Wright.)
- “The U.S. Position in Regard to the ‘Right of Expatriation,’” Temple Law Quarterly 23 (1950): 325–70.
- “Administrative Agencies—Rules, Decisions, and Other Publications.” In How to Find the Law, William R. Roalfe, editor. 5th ed. St. Paul: West, 1957.
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Richard L. Bowler, “Memorial: Leon M. Liddell (1914–2003),” Law Library Journal 96 (2004): 207–09.
- Claims Department, Hartford Accident & Indemnity Co., 1937–38
Attorney, Gainesville, Texas, 1938–39
- Pacific Mutual Life Insurance Company, 1939–41
- Commissioned Officer, U. S. Army, 1941–46
- Law Librarian and Assistant professor of Law, University of Connecticut, 1946–47
- Law Librarian and Professor of Law, University of Minnesota, 1949–60
- Law Librarian and Professor of Law, University of Chicago, 1960–74
- Lecturer, Graduate Library School, University of Chicago, ????
- Law Librarian, Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Law University ofb Chicago, 1974–2003
- Law Librarian and Professor of Law, Northwestern University, 1974–80
- A. B., University of Texas, 1937
- J. D., University of Texas, 1937
- B.L.S. University of Chicago, 1946
Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside AALL)
- Admitted to the Practice of Law, Texas, 1937.
- First Vice-President, International Association of Law Libraries, 1971–74.