Skip to content
Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Chair, Technical Services Special Interest Section Cataloging and Classification Committee, 1992–95
- Co-Director and Speaker, AALL Basic Cataloging Institute, 1996
- AALL Representative to American Library Association, ALCTS/CCS, Subject Analysis Committee, 1997–99, 2003–05
- Co-Director, AALL Advanced Cataloging Workshop, 2003
- Technical Services Special Interest Section, Board Member, 2006–08
Professional Honors and Awards
- Renee D. Chapman Memorial Award for Outstanding Contributions in Technical Services Law Librarianship, 1993
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 2010
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inductee, 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- “Establishing a New Subject Heading,” Technical Services Law Librarian, 12 (1987): 24–25.
- “Bibliography on Cataloging and Classification of Legal Materials—A Supplement, 1968–74,” Law Library Journal 68 (1975): 307–311(with Nancy Miller).
- “Classification Column” in Technical Services Law Librarian 20–36 (1994–2010).
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Camille Broussard, “Marie Whited Honored with Marian Gould Gallagher Award,” AALL Spectrum 14 (June 2010): 17.
- Cataloger, Cornell Law Library, 1967–68
- Head Cataloger, Cornell Law Library, 1968–74
- Law Subject Cataloger, Library of Congress, Subject Cataloging Division, 1974–90
- Collection Development/Acquisitions Librarian, Jacob Burns Law Library, George Washington University School of Law, 1990
- Managing Librarian for Bibliographic Services, Jacob Burns Law Library, George Washington University School of Law, 1990–92
- Law Catalog Liaison Specialist, Law Library of Congress, 1992–95
- Manager, Cataloging Services, Lillian Goldman Law Library, Yale University School of Law, 1995–2004
- Cataloging Liaison, Law Library of Congress, 2004–10
- B.A., University of Maine, 1966
- M.S.L.S., Simmons College, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, 1967
Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside AALL)
- American Library Association, 1997–2008, and member of various ALCTS/CCS Subject Analysis Committee task forces, 1997–2005