Skip to content
Hall of Fame Induction: 2020
Significant AALL Service
- Editor, AALL Newsletter, 1984–88
- President, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, 1987–88
- Chair, Technical Services Special Interest Section, 1990–91
- AALL Executive Board: 1991–94
- Chair, Task Force on Law Library Journal Editor, 1994
- Chair, Publications Policy Committee, 1994–95
- President, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, 2006–07
- Chair, Council of Chapter Presidents, 2007–08
- Vice-Chair, Awards Committee, 2009–10
- Chair, Awards Committee, 2010–11
Professional Honors & Awards
- Agnes and Harvey Reid Award for Outstanding Contribution to Law Librarianship, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, 1990
- Agnes and Harvey Reid Award for Outstanding Contribution to Law Librarianship, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, 1997
- Lifetime Achievement in Law Librarianship Award, Chicago Association of Law Libraries, 2015
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inductee, 2020
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- “What Does the Future of Law Librarianship Hold?” CALL Bulletin, no. 147 (November 1993): 16.
- “Challenges Facing the Technical Services Law Librarian in Year 2000,” CALL Bulletin, no. 176 (Spring 2000): 11–12.
- “The Making of an AALL Professional Development Program,” AALL Spectrum 4 (July 2000): 10–11 (with Sally Holterhoff).
- “Core Competencies for Law Librarians: Background, Current Status and Future Directions,” CALL Bulletin, no. 178 (Fall 2000): 14, 21 (with Susan Siebers).
- “Coggins, Grande, Johnson, and Jurkins: 2011 AALL Hall of Fame Inductees,” AALL Spectrum 15 (June 2011): 24–25.
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Mary Lu Linnane Interview. In An Oral History of Law Librarianship, interviewed by Frank G. Houdek, December 4, 2013, videorecording. Spinelli’s Law Library Reference Shelf, HeinOnline.
- Catherine Lemann, “Introducing the 2020 Hall of Fame Inductees: Steven P. Anderson, Mary Lu Linnane, Gail Warren, and Carol A. Watson,” AALL Spectrum 24, no. 6 (July/August 2020): 44–46.
- Cataloger, Wisconsin State Library, 1974
- Cataloger, Lewis University (now Northern Illinois University) College of Law Library, 1975–79
- Assistant Librarian, Head of Cataloging, Vincent G. Rinn Law Library, DePaul University College of Law, 1979–80
- Associate Director for Technical Services, Vincent G. Rinn Law Library, DePaul University College of Law, 1980–2014
- Acting Director, Vincent G. Rinn Law Library, DePaul University College of Law, February–July, 1983; August 2003–January 2005
- B.A., Marquette University, 1971
- M.L.S., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1973