Skip to content
Shirley Hart David, 1949 –
Hall of Fame Induction: 2010
Significant AALL Service
- Secretary, Minnesota Association of Law Libraries, 1975–76
- Chair, Legal Information Services to the Public Committee, 1984–85
- President, Council of California County Law Libraries, 1986
- President, Northern California Association of Law Libraries, 1988–89
- AALL Executive Board, 1990–93
- Co-Chair, National Conference on Legal Information Issues, 1995
- Chair, State, Court, and County Law Libraries Special Interest Section, 1999–2000
- Vice-Chair, Citation Formats Committee, 2001–02
- Chair, Awards Committee, 2004–05.
Professional Honors and Awards
- Liberty Bell Award, Sacramento County Bar Association, 1985
- Professional Achievement Award for Outstanding Service, Northern California Association of Law Libraries, 2001
- Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, 2004
- State, Court & County Law Libraries Special Interest Section Bethany J. Ochal Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession, 2009
- AALL Hall of Fame, Inaugural Class Inductee: 2010
Selected Publications by the Inductee
- Editor, “Law Library News,” Sacramento County Bar Association Docket, 1983–2003.
- “Technology and the Courts: An Interview with the Honorable George Nicholson,” AALL Spectrum 1 (1996): 10–13.
- “Access to Public Records,” AALL Spectrum 3 (1998): 16, 32.
- “Three Named as Recipients of Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award, AALL Spectrum 9 (June 2005): 18–19, 27.
Selected Publications about the Inductee
- Mary D. Hood, “Two Named as Recipients of Marian Gould Gallagher Distinguished Service Award,” AALL Spectrum 8 (June 2004): 10–11.
- Documents Librarian, Minnesota State Law Library, 1971–76
- Assistant Director, Minnesota State Law Library, 1976–83
- Director, Sacramento County (Calif.) Law Library, 1983–2004
- B.A., College of St. Catherine
- Selected Professional Activities & Achievements (outside law librarianship)
- Delegate, White House Conference on Libraries, Washington, D.C., 1991