This handout is targeted for non-law students. Often non-law graduate and undergraduate students do not have access to Westlaw and Lexis Advance, but the institution offers LexisNexis Academic. Academic offers primary legal sources, a select few secondary legal sources, and a number of sources for news and business. This handout contains a basic description of primary and secondary sources and where to find them on Academic, a table of some recommended terms, connectors, and segment searches, and links to more in-depth research guides.
Created by Cindy Dabney for the 2017 Teach-In Kit from Research, Instruction & Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS).
- Research and Resource Guides
- Knowledge Center
- Research, Instruction & Patron Services SIS (RIPS-SIS)
- Body of Knowledge (BoK)
- Legal Research
- Legal Research--Primary Sources
- Legal Research--Public
- Marketing and Outreach (Body of Knowledge--BoK)
- Research and Analysis (Body of Knowledge--BoK)
- Teaching and Training (Body of Knowledge--BoK)