The Online Bibliographic Services Special Interest Section (OBS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries focuses on all aspects of the various national and local bibliographic utilities. These include public access to bibliographic data online, acquisitions sub-systems, mail message systems, and integration of circulation systems with the online bibliographic data.
This Special Interest Section:
- Facilitates the exchange of information on the choice and installation of local and national online bibliographic systems
- Provides opportunities for its members to share ideas for more effective and efficient use of their systems
- Monitors the products and services of the online systems
- Communicates concerns of law libraries to the systems and networks
- OBS-SIS has convened a special committee charged with studying the idea of "repositioning" our section's focus and mission. If you have any input for the committee to consider please contact one of the members. Their contact information is on the Committee Assignments page.
- Plan now to attend the AALL Annual Meeting and Conference in Baltimore so you can take part in timely OBS-sponsored programs on APIs, Google Analytics, system migrations and more. Stay tuned for more details!
- Website of the Month
- Find Us Facebook
- Connect to the Online Bibliographic Services SIS Community