The Online Bibliographic Services Special Interest Section (OBS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) focuses on metadata, electronic resources, and library systems, particularly library resource management systems, discovery systems, and bibliographic services and utilities.
This Special Interest Section:
- Fosters communication between public and technical services to improve access to resources through metadata and systems
- Explores opportunities for enhancing access to electronic resources through metadata and systems
- Facilitates the exchange of information about systems among its members
- Investigates and shares new ways to use metadata that enhance user access to information
- The OBS-SIS OCLC update will be delivered via webinar Monday, June 17, 2019, at 2 pm EDT. Meryl Cinnamon, OCLC Member Relations Liaison, will update you on OCLC products and services as well as OCLC Research and WebJunction projects. Register for the OCLC Update.
- OBS-SIS 2019-2020 Officers announced:Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Kevin Carey, Technical Services Librarian, Ohio State University Moritz Law Library (July 2019 - July 2021)
Secretary/Treasurer: Elizabeth Manriquez, Research Librarian / Assistant Professor, University of Nevada - Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law (July 2019 - July 2021)
Member-at-Large: Heather Buckwalter, Serials/Acquisition Librarian, Creighton University School of Law, Klutznick Law Library (July 2019 – July 2021)
- Plan now to attend the AALL Annual Meeting and Conference in Washington, DC so you can take part in timely OBS-sponsored programs. Stay tuned for more details!
- Website of the Month
- Find Us on Facebook
- Connect to the Online Bibliographic Services SIS Community