Each Member-at-Large serves a two-year term, with one being elected each year. This officer is installed as Member-at-Large at the end of the OBS-SIS Business meeting at the AALL annual meeting.
- Serves as a member of the OBS-SIS Executive Board.
- Attends the OBS-SIS Business meeting and the OBS SIS Executive Board meeting during term of office.
- Assists with the planning of the Joint Reception with Technical Services SIS, Research Services SIS and Computer Services SIS representatives during first year term.
- Coordinates the OBS-SIS display table in the AALL Activities Exhibit area during second year term.
- Coordinates the revision of the OBS-SIS brochure. (A new brochure can be produced by headquarters staff every three years.
- Recommends the purchase of giveaway gifts to be given during the AALL annual meeting.
- Assists with public relations efforts as needed, including outreach to new and potential members.
- May assist with special projects as needed.