The OBS-SIS Secretary/Treasurer is elected for a two-year term. This officer is installed as OBS Secretary/Treasurer at the end of the OBS-SIS Business meeting at the AALL annual meeting.
- Serves as member of the OBS-SIS Executive Board.
- Takes minutes of the incoming and outgoing Executive Board meeting and posts them to the OBS-SIS website.
- Takes minutes at the OBS-SIS Business Meeting and submits them as the official record to be published in TSLL and on the OBS-SIS website.
- Maintains the Section’s official, latest version of its Bylaws.
- Notifies the membership of proposed amendments to the Bylaws, sees that they are posted on the OBS-SIS web site.
- Conducts bylaws amendment voting in accordance with the bylaws and coordinates online bylaws elections with AALL headquarters staff. Notifies members of the results and sends approved bylaws amendments to AALL.
- Conducts the annual election of OBS-SIS officers in accordance with the Bylaws.
- Collects biographical information on the candidates from the Nominations Committee chair and arranges for its posting on the OBS-SIS web site.
- Coordinates online officer elections with AALL headquarters staff. Notifies the Chair and all candidates of the election results and posts a message on the OBS-SIS distribution list.
- Announces the results of the election during the OBS-SIS Business meeting.
- Reconciles financial statements for OBS-SIS monies sent by AALL throughout the year and submits requests to AALL for reimbursement for expenses as needed.
- Gives financial report at the annual OBS-SIS business meeting.
- Keeps OBS Executive Board informed of OBS fund balance for activity planning purposes.