The OBS-SIS Vice-Chair is elected for three years, serving first as Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, followed by Chair and finally Past Chair. This officer is installed as OBS Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect at the end of the OBS-SIS Business meeting at the AALL annual meeting.
- Serves as a member of the OBS-SIS Executive Board.
- Attends AALL SIS Leadership Workshop immediately after election and again following year when officially Vice-Chair.
- Attends SIS Council with Chair.
- Becomes member of the OBS-SIS Education Committee immediately upon election. Becomes Chair of the Education Committee in January, coordinates planning and submission of program proposals for the following year.
- Presides over the OBS-SIS Education Committee meeting during the AALL annual meeting.
- Conducts the annual “membership survey” to solicit ideas for program proposals and workshops, and asks for volunteers to serve as OBS officers or committee members.
- Compiles results of the annual membership survey, shares report with OBS-SIS Executive Board and submits it for publication in TSLL.
- Uses list of members that have volunteered to serve on a committee in making committee appointments. Notifies all appointed committee members of their selection for a one-year term in writing.
- Submits list of members that have volunteered to serve as officers to the OBS-SIS Chair who then conveys them to the Nominating Committee.
- Appoints one new member each year to represent OBS-SIS on the TSLL Editorial Board for a two-year term.
- Prepares the agenda and presides over the incoming Executive Board meeting immediately after being installed as Chair during the Business meeting.