The 2020 Summit Committee recently announced the title of this year's PLLIP Summit. Transformation 2020: Instrumental Tools for the Future is scheduled for Saturday, July 11th in New Orleans, LA. The 2020 Summit will focus on transforming the tools of law librarians in the private law library setting. Various kinds of tools will be addressed, including innovative job tools along with soft skills, such as communication styles.
Watch the PLLIP Summit blog for more details about the day's programming. Once AALL Conference registration opens, the Summit will be listed as a separate Preconference Workshop, priced at $199.
The PLLIP Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for 2019-2020.
The PLLIP Grants Committee is pleased to announce this year's recipients of the AALL registration/travel, PLLIP Summit, and CONELL grants.
PLLIP Member News
2020-2021 PLLIP BOARD CANDIDATES
The election for the PLLIP 2020-2021 Board is coming soon! Voting will begin in April, so please keep an eye on your inbox for voting instructions. Below is the slate of candidates:
- Vice-Chair/Chair: Marcia Burris and Mark Gediman
- Secretary: Allison Reeve Davis and Tanya Livshits
- Member at Large: Andre Davison and Michelle Trovillo
Education & Training
- Feb. 2020: How To Write A Useful CI Report
- Jan. 2020: Information Management: BoK Skills in Law Firm Practice
- Sept. 2019: Going Beyond Traditional Research Methods with Advanced AI
PLLIP on Social Media
- Twitter: @PrivateLawLibs
- LinkedIn: Private Law Librarians & Information Professionals SIS
- Blog: On Firmer Ground
- PLLIP Summit