11th Annual PLLIP SUMMIT HELD VIRTUALLY
The 2020 PLLIP Virtual Summit, Transformation 2020: Instrumental Tools for the Future, took place on Friday, July 10, 2020, and was a huge success. A recap of the Summit keynote is available on the On Firmer Ground blog, and additional recaps will be added. If you were registered for the Summit, recordings have been posted in the 2020 PLLIP Virtual Summit My Communities, along with the speaker handouts. Everything is available under the “Latest Shared Files” from the homepage or the Library tab.
A big thank you to the PLLIP Summit organizers and speakers for all of their efforts!
The PLLIP Awards Committee announced the recipients of the 2020 awards.
- Service to PLLIP Award - Juli Stahl, Research Services Manager, Ackerman, Orlando, FL
- Hall of Fame - James (Jim) Senter, Library Services Manager, Jones Day, Los Angeles, CA
- Distinguished Librarian - Jean O'Grady, Director of Research & Knowledge Services, DLA Piper US, Washington, DC
- Vendor/Outside Champion Award - Gayle Lynn-Nelson, Senior Librarian Relations Consultant,
LexisNexis, New York, NY
- Best Blogger/Writer of the Year - Cynthia Brown, Director, Research Services, Littler, Fresno, CA
The PLLIP Executive Board approved thirty (30) registration grants for this year's Annual Meeting. As the cost of registration is just $99 everyone may apply, even if you have received a grant within the last two years. Annual Meeting registration closes on 7 July, 2020. These grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. See the MyCommunities post for more information.
PLLIP Member News
PLLIP 2020-2021 BOARD ELECTION RESULTS
The new members of the 2020-2021 PLLIP Board are:
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Marcia Burris, Director of Research & Knowledge Management at Nexsen Pruet
- Secretary: Allison Reeve Davis, Library Manager at Littler Mendelson
- Member at Large: Andre Davison, Research Technology Manager at Blank Rome
Education & Training
- Apr 2020: Effective Leadership with Virtual Teams: To Infinity and Beyond
- Feb. 2020: How To Write A Useful CI Report
- Jan. 2020: Information Management: BoK Skills in Law Firm Practice
- Sept. 2019: Going Beyond Traditional Research Methods with Advanced AI
PLLIP on Social Media
- Twitter: @PrivateLawLibs
- LinkedIn: Private Law Librarians & Information Professionals SIS
- Blog: On Firmer Ground
- PLLIP Summit