2021 Diversity Summit
PLLIP-SIS and BLL-SIS are excited to announce the inaugural Diversity Summit: From Difficult Conversations to Collaborative Action. The year 2020 has been one of upheaval and change, but has made obvious that serious and important conversations need to take place regarding race, both in the world and in our profession. PLLIP Summits have historically been a place to explore ways to embrace change and we are excited to partner with the BLL-SIS to launch the first ever Diversity Summit, which was created to facilitate these discussions in order to find a call to action in which we can all take part.
The Diversity Summit will be held as a virtual event on Friday, February 26, 2021, so please save the date. More details about the day’s programming will be forthcoming.
How to Register: To register for the 2021 Diversity Summit, please visit the AALL registration page. Registration for members of BLL-SIS, PLLIP-SIS, and any other diversity caucus is $0.00. You must enter the promo code listed on the registration page at checkout to receive the discount. All other registrations are $10.00. The registration deadline is February 12, 2021 **with zero exceptions**.
* Please note that after you register for the 2021 Diversity Summit through AALL, you must then register for the Zoom meeting. The Zoom registration link is available via the thank you page and email.
The PLLIP Awards Committee announced the recipients of the 2020 awards.
- Service to PLLIP Award - Juli Stahl, Research Services Manager, Ackerman, Orlando, FL
- Hall of Fame - James (Jim) Senter, Library Services Manager, Jones Day, Los Angeles, CA
- Distinguished Librarian - Jean O'Grady, Director of Research & Knowledge Services, DLA Piper US, Washington, DC
- Vendor/Outside Champion Award - Gayle Lynn-Nelson, Senior Librarian Relations Consultant,
LexisNexis, New York, NY
- Best Blogger/Writer of the Year - Cynthia Brown, Director, Research Services, Littler, Fresno, CA
PLLIP Member News
PLLIP 2020-2021 BOARD ELECTION RESULTS
The new members of the 2020-2021 PLLIP Board are:
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Marcia Burris, Director of Research & Knowledge Management at Nexsen Pruet
- Secretary: Allison Reeve Davis, Library Manager at Littler Mendelson
- Member at Large: Andre Davison, Research Technology Manager at Blank Rome
Education & Training
- Apr 2020: Effective Leadership with Virtual Teams: To Infinity and Beyond
- Feb. 2020: How To Write A Useful CI Report
- Jan. 2020: Information Management: BoK Skills in Law Firm Practice
- Sept. 2019: Going Beyond Traditional Research Methods with Advanced AI
PLLIP on Social Media
- Twitter: @PrivateLawLibs
- LinkedIn: Private Law Librarians & Information Professionals SIS
- Blog: On Firmer Ground
- PLLIP Summit