2020 PLLIP Virtual Summit
The 2020 PLLIP Virtual Summit, Transformation 2020: Instrumental Tools for the Future, will take place on Friday, July 10, 2020, starting at 12:30pm Eastern/9:30am Pacific. Registration for the 2020 PLLIP Virtual Summit will close at midnight on July 7, 2020.
To register for the 2020 PLLIP Summit, please visit the 2020 PLLIP Virtual Summit Registration page. Registration for attendees is $25, and complimentary registration is available if you meet the criteria.
The PLLIP Awards Committee announced the recipients of the 2020 awards.
- Service to PLLIP Award - Juli Stahl, Research Services Manager, Ackerman, Orlando, FL
- Hall of Fame - James (Jim) Senter, Library Services Manager, Jones Day, Los Angeles, CA
- Distinguished Librarian - Jean O'Grady, Director of Research & Knowledge Services, DLA Piper US, Washington, DC
- Vendor/Outside Champion Award - Gayle Lynn-Nelson, Senior Librarian Relations Consultant,
LexisNexis, New York, NY
- Best Blogger/Writer of the Year - Cynthia Brown, Director, Research Services, Littler, Fresno, CA
The PLLIP Executive Board approved thirty (30) registration grants for this year's Annual Meeting. As the cost of registration is just $99 everyone may apply, even if you have received a grant within the last two years. Annual Meeting registration closes on 7 July, 2020. These grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. See the MyCommunities post for more information.
PLLIP Member News
PLLIP 2020-2021 BOARD ELECTION RESULTS
The new members of the 2020-2021 PLLIP Board are:
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Marcia Burris, Director of Research & Knowledge Management at Nexsen Pruet
- Secretary: Allison Reeve Davis, Library Manager at Littler Mendelson
- Member at Large: Andre Davison, Research Technology Manager at Blank Rome
Education & Training
- Apr 2020: Effective Leadership with Virtual Teams: To Infinity and Beyond
- Feb. 2020: How To Write A Useful CI Report
- Jan. 2020: Information Management: BoK Skills in Law Firm Practice
- Sept. 2019: Going Beyond Traditional Research Methods with Advanced AI
PLLIP on Social Media
- Twitter: @PrivateLawLibs
- LinkedIn: Private Law Librarians & Information Professionals SIS
- Blog: On Firmer Ground
- PLLIP Summit