The PLLIP-SIS KM Group is comprised of Law Librarians who are interested in advancing Knowledge Management principles and practices within their private law firm environment.
The group seeks to foster knowledge-sharing best practices related to connecting our users with the people, information and knowledge they need to deliver superior client service.
- Foster a community of law library professionals involved in KM to share best practices, facilitate professional development and track industry trends.
- Promoting KM as a discipline within the Law Librarian profession.
- Establishing Law librarian professionals as uniquely qualified information professionals to support KM initiatives.
- KM Law Librarians are responsible for:
- Creating and implementing methodologies for content management
- Aligning internal and external information with the strategic initiatives of the firm
- Managing the firm’s research intranet/portal
- Implementing internal knowledge databases
- Consulting on new technologies such as information and work product retrieval, desk top imaging requirements, document management systems, enterprise
- search engines and mobile technologies.