Date + Time: Tuesday, July 16, 2019: 11:15 am – 12:15 pm
Speakers: Erik Adams, Sidley Austin; Andre Davison, Blank Rome LLP; Martin Korn, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP; Allison Reeve, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
BoK Domains: Professionalism + Leadership at Every Level
Innovation tournaments are opportunities to leverage the expertise of a group to come up with solutions that can address a particular challenge. First implemented within corporations to generate creative input among employees, innovation tournaments have now crossed into other sectors, such as academia, the tech world, and the AALL Annual Meeting & Conference. Simply put, innovation is change that adds value, and AALL members are doing this every day—this is an opportunity to showcase their ideas.
For the culmination of the tournament, finalists will present their innovation plans to the audience, which will include a special panel of judges. At the conclusion of all presentations, two separate votes will take place: one conducted by the panel of judges, and another conducted by the audience. Two winners will be chosen; each will be awarded a $2,500 prize.
2019 Final Round Judges:
- Owen Byrd, Chief Evangelist & General Counsel, Lex Machina (a division of LexisNexis)
- Catherine Monte, Chief Knowledge Officer, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Scott Vanderlin, Student Services Librarian, University of Chicago D’Angelo Law Library
- David P. Whelan, Director, Legal Information & the Great Library, Law Society of Ontario
- Beth Williams, Senior Director of the Library & Senior Lecturer in Law, Stanford University