Experience. Expertise. Excellence.
This new pilot project aims to connect law schools, law firms, and government agencies with highly qualified law librarians who can provide expertise for strategic projects.
Members will apply to be consultants. AALL will match clients with consultants based on project needs.
This initiative aligns with AALL’s Strategic Plan as it pertains to talent, engagement, and alliances.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Collection Review and Analysis Strategy
- Competitive Intelligence Strategy
- Data Analysis and Predictive Analytics Strategy
- External Reviews: Conduct and Provide Guidance on Services
- Knowledge Management System Development
- Law Library Assessment and Guidance
- Leadership Development and Training
- Legal Information Product Resource Assessment
- Legal Research Strategy
- Project Management Training
- Resource Assessment and Strategy
- Strategic Planning, Benchmarking, and Environmental Scanning
- Vendor Contract Negotiation Guidance
- Other (Applicants are welcome to list additional expertise areas.)
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Members with a minimum of 10 years professional library experience are encouraged to apply; a consulting background is preferable, but not required.
APPLICATION & SELECTION
- The consultant application will be limited to current members. The application will be available on AALLNET.
- Interested applicants should be prepared to including years of experience and technical knowledge (if applicable) for each.
- Applicants are responsible for uploading a resume/CV and a list of three professional references in PDF format (up to 5 MB max) when completing the online application. You must provide first name/last name, employer/organization, email address, and telephone number for each reference.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
AALL is not entering into an employer/employee relationship with hired consultants and will therefore not provide professional liability insurance or insurance of any type. Consultants will be responsible for any applicable taxes. Travel and associated project costs will be negotiated into the payment.
AALL will host a webinar on April 30 at 11 a.m. Central. The webinar will include information on the ways in which the initiative supports AALL’s Strategic Plan, the application and matching process, and insights from experienced consultants.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
If you would like to receive updates as they develop or are planning to apply as a consultant or client, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please contact Megan Mall, AALL director of content strategy.