Recipients honored at the ALL-SIS reception on Sunday, July 15, 2007, at the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law.
Outstanding Article Award
Bonnie Shucha, Head of Reference, University of Wisconsin Law Library, was the winner of the 2007 ALL-SIS Outstanding Article Award.
Ms. Shucha's winning article, The State of the Law Library Blogosphere, is available at http://www.llrx.com/features/blogosphere.htm.
Outstanding Service Award
Lee Peoples, Associate Director of the Oklahoma City University Law Library, was the recipient of the 2007 ALL-SIS Outstanding Service Award.
This year's recipient has been exceptionally active in ALL-SIS. His nominator said that Lee"has served as an excellent role model for newer law librarians, demonstrating leadership, vision, and dedication to academic law librarianship."
Lee's service includes:
- Continuing Education Task Force Chair 2006-2007
- Program Committee: Member or Co-chair since 2004
- CALI Committee
- Presenter, Coordinator and moderator at a number of ALL-SIS sponsored programs
- Authored many articles to the ALL-SIS Newsletter
- Contributed teaching materials in the ALL-SIS Sourcebook
Yu-Hui Chuang, Rutgers University Law Library, Newark
Maryellen O'Brien was selected to receive a special ALL-SIS grant to attend the symposium on Legal Information and the Development of American Law: Further Thinking about the Thoughts of Bob Berring, on October 21, 2006, at Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California. http://www.law.berkeley.edu/library/conferences/berring06/
Ms. O'Brien is the Reference/Electronic Services Librarian at the Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center, Levin College of Law, University of Florida. She is a member of ALL-SIS and served on the ALL-SIS Education Task Force from 2004 to 2006.
Following the conference she will write an essay for the January 17th issue of the ALL-SIS Newsletter on the impact of Bob Berring's work on academic law libraries.
2006–2007 ALL-SIS Awards Committee
- John Edwards, Drake University Law Library, Chair
- Mary Ann Nelson, University of Iowa Law Library
- Marlene Alderman, Boston University Pappas Law Library