Articles Considering a Career in FCIL Law Librarianship
- AALL: Law Library Careers
- Neel Kant Agrawal, Training in FCIL Librarianship for Tomorrow's World (2013).
- Lyonette Louis-Jacques, Jumpstart Your Foreign, Comparative, and International Research: Use People Resources (2008).
- Marylin J. Raisch and Yasmin Morais, AALL Special Interest Section Recommended Reading Lists: Foreign, Comparative and International Law SIS, 100 Law Library Journal 714-25 (2008)
- Mary Rumsey, Foreign and International Law Librarianship (2006) in Legal Reference Services Quarterly (LRSQ).
- Alison Shea, BIALLs and IALLs and JSIs, Oh My!: Considering an International Conference (2012).
- Dan Wade, Wisdom from Mount Nebo (Hiei): Advice to a Young Person Aspiring to Become a Foreign and International Law Librarian (2006) in Legal Reference Services Quarterly (LRSQ).
- Mary Whisner, Choosing Law Librarianship: Thoughts for People Contemplating a Career Move (1999).
The Education Committee is committed to disseminating information of interest and assistance to member of the FCIL-SIS. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting members with AALL Annual Meeting Program proposals, Hot Topics proposals, and Coffee Talk proposals; assisting committees and interest groups to develop educational ideas for its members; working with the FCIL-SIS Chair in communicating with AALL regarding the importance of FCIL programming in the Annual Meeting; sharing recent publications pertaining to FCIL librarianship with the FCIL-SIS. The Vice Chair / Chair-elect of the FCIL-SIS serves as Chair of the Education Committee.