The purpose of this grant is to provide support for technical services law librarians to perform research or assessment projects which will enhance our profession. The OBS/TS FROG (Funding Research Opportunities Grant) Committee will award up to $1,000 in grants in a single year. Click here for a list of grants awarded in the past, and other possible ideas.
- Applicants must be American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) members.
- Preference for grant awards will be given to current members of OBS or TS-SIS, but shall not be limited to those SISs. Evidence that the research and subsequent publication will directly or indirectly benefit technical services law librarianship must be shown.
- Participation in this program shall not be denied to any applicant on account of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Terms of the Grant
Application Process and Guidelines
- A written status report may also be requested at any time by the FROG Committee. These reports may be published in Technical Services Law Librarian (TSLL) at the discretion of the FROG Committee
- Verification of expenses may be requested by the FROG Committee
- On completion of the project, the grant recipient must furnish a copy of the final work to the FROG Committee
- If the final research product is subsequently published in any format, OBS and TS SISs support must be acknowledged in the work.
- If the project is not completed, nor completion date extended, grant recipient must return full grant amount to the FROG Committee within 30 days of the agreed upon completion date.
Grant applications must be completed via web form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to ensure sufficient funds. AALL fiscal year begins on October 1 and runs through September 30.
Complete applications consist of the following pieces:
- Goals and objectives of the research/project
- Proposed means of disseminating the results
- Contact information for two references
- FROG (Funding Research Opportunities Grant) Agreement
If you have any questions about the application process or any of the application documents, please email the FROG Committee Chair, Gypsy Moody, email@example.com