TS-SIS Long-Time Member Profile:
Anne K. Myers
Head of Technical Services
Pappas Law Library Boston University
On this page:
Place And Date Of Birth
Rahway, NJ. July 24, 1954
- B.A., 1976, Vanderbilt University
- M.L.S., 1977, The University of Texas at Austin, Texas
Web design, cooking, genealogy, travel, singing
Inspiration For Becoming A Law Librarian
It was an accident. I got a call from the
Head of Tech Services at the Law Library at the institution where I
worked, telling me that she had heard I was looking for another
position, they had an opening for a cataloger, and would I like to
apply. I knew the job was mine.
Current Position Challenges
- 1978. University of Houston, M.D. Anderson Library. Catalog
- 1978-1980. University of Virginia, Alderman Library.
- 1980-1986. University of Virginia, Law Library. Cataloger
- 1987-1990. University of Maine Law Library Assistant Law
Librarian for Technical Services
- 1990-current. Boston University Law Library. Head of
'Crazy' Non-Professional Activity
Got a tattoo of a flying pig
Earliest Childhood Memory
Playing in the water at the beach
Where In Five Years?
Somewhere warmer than Boston, still working, but not necessarily in the same type of work.
- American Association of Law Libraries
- American Library Association
- Law Libraries of New England
- Innovative Users Group