This group has a long history, having once been the AALL Committee on Law Library Service to Prisoners, and then a Special Interest Section: Law Library Service to Institution Residents.
- Prison Legal Research pamphlet (Katelyn Golsby & Jake Gottfredson)
- Winner of the 2019-2020 SR-SIS Education & Awareness Grant
- Increase number of libraries included in Law Libraries Serving Prisoners (LLSP) database.
- Update the 1996 edition of Recommended Collections for Prison and Other Institution Law Libraries & Guidelines for Prison Law Libraries.
- Survey prison law libraries to see where they are now, following Casey v. Lewis, 518 U.S. 343 (1996).
- Directory: Law Libraries Providing Services to Prisoners (print editions published in 1985, 1989, 1990, 1993).
- Law Libraries Serving Prisoners is the current online-only version of this directory. It is no longer being published in print.
- Electronic Legal Research in State Prisons, by Camilla Tubbs. Handout for the Joint Roundtable on Services to Pro Se Patrons and Prisoners, 2008.
- Pro Se Prisoners in the Legal System: A Selective Bibliography, 2000-2007, by Margaret R. Moreland.
- Pro Se Litigants in the Legal System: A Selective Bibliography, 2000-2007, updated 2008 by Theresa Strike.
- Law Library Services to Prisoners: A Bibliography, by Stacy Etheridge (July, 2008).
- Sources for Donating Books to Prison Libraries & Law Libraries (July, 2005).
- Select List of Programs Serving Pro Se Patrons. From survey conducted in 2005. Presented at 2005 Joint Roundtable.
- Prisoner Mail: Suggestions and Resources. Handout for Joint Roundtable, 2004.
- Sample Letters to Prisoners. Handout for Joint Roundtable, 2004.
- Law School Clinics Serving Prisoners. July 2015.
- Providing Legal Services for Prisoners, a Tool for Correctional Administrators.
- Recommended Collections for Prison and Other Institution Law Libraries & Guidelines for Prison Law Libraries.
If you are interested in working with this standing Committee, please contact the current chair, Nam Jin Yoon.