2011 Program Descriptions

Acquisitions Standing Committee Meeting and Acquisitions Roundtable

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 7:00-8:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 105(B)

  • Eric Parker, Chair, Northwestern University
  • Shaun Esposito, Speaker, AALL Committee on Relations with Information Vendors (CRIV), Chair 2011-2012
  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Approval of minutes from 2010 meeting in Denver
    • Old business
      • List of law publishers formerly on Acqweb
      • Collection development policies on TS-SIS web site
    • Report from and Q & A with CRIV incoming Chair Shaun Esposito
    • New business
      • Ideas for 2012 programs
      • Any proposals already in the works?
      • Other ideas?
    • Acquisitions Roundtable
      • State of Your Library reports
      • Other items (time permitting)

Aleph Users Group Meeting (OBS-SIS)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
Marriott-Independence Ballroom

  • Ellen McGrath, Coordinator (send agenda items to Ellen at: emcgrath [at] buffalo.edu)
  • Michael Tartaglione, Speaker, ExLibris

Analyzing, Managing and Communication About Library Budgets: How Are You Doing it? (TS-SIS Program)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
PCC-Room 203(A)

Librarians are often called upon to analyze, manage, and communicate about their budgets, despite perhaps having had no formal training in accounting or budgeting rules and procedures. In this program, three librarians will introduce examples of tools they’ve developed to analyze and present budget data to library or institutional managers. A discussion period will follow the presentations, during which attendees may discover helpful tips for both the new(er) and the more experienced librarian.

[Get program handouts]

  • Eric Parker, Speaker, Northwestern University
  • Terry Psarras, Speaker, Carlton Fields PA
  • Richard Vaughn, Speaker, Indiana University-Bloomington

Authority Control Vocabularies and the Semantic Web (Program F-1)

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 10:45-11:45 a.m.
PCC-Room 108(AB)

The panel will discuss the application of the Library of Congress Authorities and Vocabularies Service, the Virtual International Authority File, and the Open Metadata Registry. If used, these services will bring libraries into the world of linked data, inter-connecting data on the web via URIs (Universal Resource Identifiers).

  • Suzanne R. Graham, Coordinator/Moderator, University of Georgia
  • John Mark Ockerbloom, Speaker, University of Pennsylvania Libraries
  • Barbara B. Tillett, Speaker, Library of Congress

Business and Awards Meeting

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 5:30-6:30 p.m.
PCC-Room 203(B)

Cataloging & Classification Roundtable

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 4:15-5:15 p.m.
Marriott-Liberty Ballroom Salon C

  • George Prager, Chair, New York University
  • Roundtable theme is training issues related to RDA. Pat Sayre McCoy, Lia Contursi, and Pam Deemer, all savvy and seasoned RDA testers, will be offering their insights into the RDA training process. Aaron Kuperman, Chair of the TS-SIS Professional Development Committee, will be touching upon his ideas for RDA continuing and distance education for law catalogers and paraprofessionals. The remaining time will be devoted to a general brainstorming session about what technical services librarians want and need to prepare for implementing RDA.

Cataloging & Classification Standing Committee Meeting

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 7:00-8:45 a.m.
PCC-Room 102(A)

  • George Prager, Chair, New York University
  • Agenda
    • Welcome/Announcements (10 minutes)
    • Representatives’ reports (45 minutes)
      • ALA ALCTS CCS Subject Analysis Committee (SAC) – Yael Mandelstam (also Law Genre/Form Project) (20 minutes)
      • Machine-Readable Bibliographic Information (MARBI) – George Prager (10 minutes)
      • Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access (CC:DA) – John Hostage (15 minutes)
    • Task group reports (25 minutes)
      • Task Group on Vendor-Supplied Bibliographic Records – Angela Jones/Alan Keely (5 minutes)
      • Classification and Subject Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group – Cindy May (10 minutes)
      • Descriptive Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group – Rhonda Lawrence (10 minutes)
    • Library of Congress update – Jolande Goldberg (20 minutes)
    • New Business (5 minutes)

Classification and Subject Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 7:00-8:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 104(A)

  • Cynthia May, Chair, University of Wisconsin

Collection Development Committee Meeting (ALL-SIS)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 7:00-8:45 a.m.
PCC-Room 102(A)

Collection Development Roundtable (ALL-SIS)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
PCC-Room 304

Cutting Beyond the Bone: Managing in an Age of Austerity (Program C-4)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 4:15-5:15 p.m.
PCC-Room 204(A)

Library budgets are stagnant or being reduced, and administrators are faced with making hard choices of “what” and/or “whom” to cut. In the current economic climate, libraries are often targeted for reductions because everything is perceived as being “online.” An informative dialogue role-play will be presented by a director and a technical services head in a law library that suffered two recent 10 percent budget cuts, with another one in the offing. How do you deal with these budget reductions? Do you eliminate or decrease the quality of services, stop binding, buy fewer materials, or reduce staff? This program will offer a range of ideas to cope with stagnant or reduced budgets, when you already feel like you’re “down to the bone.”

  • Alan Keely, Coordinator/Moderator, Wake Forest University
  • James S. Heller, Speaker, College of William & Mary
  • Jean M. Pajerek, Speaker, Cornell University
  • Jennifer E. Sekula, Speaker, College of William & Mary

Descriptive Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 1:30-2:45 p.m.
PCC-Room 106(A)

  • Rhonda K. Lawrence, Chair, UCLA
  • Agenda
    • The implications for RDA training for law catalogers given the recently announced implementation date of January 2013.
    • Ask John Hostage, our CC:DA liaison from AALL, to identify RDA issues that he would like us to address in the months ahead.

Distinguished Lectureship Address: De arte et de jurisprudentia. Meditationes ad res

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 2:15-3:30 p.m.
PCC-Room 106(A)

Diagrams, symbols, and figurative elements have been applied throughout the centuries to illustrate the development of thought, or to explain complex concepts visually. In early legal manuscript and law books, visual presentations closely correlated to the written text, are often used to explain or teach the law pictorially. Used as memory aids or visual short cuts for verbal explanations, they fall in the rubric of the ars memorativa. This lecture, illustrated with important examples, will explore art and artists in the service of teaching and application of the law.

  • Jolande Goldberg, Library of Congress

Education Committee Meeting for 2012 Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 1:30-2:45 p.m.
PCC-Room 104(B)

  • James Mumm, Chair, Marquette University

Electronic Resources Management (ERM) Systems Showcase (Program B-1)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 3:00-4:00 p.m.
PCC-Room 108(AB)

As libraries add more electronic resources to their collections, there will be a greater need to manage and maintain these resources effectively and efficiently. By viewing what ERM systems are available in the market place and identifying special features of each system, librarians responsible for electronic resources will be better equipped to select an ERM system that best fits their institution’s needs. Librarians with limited resources will benefit from the demonstration of a locally developed, or an open source, ERM system. Insights into the pros and cons of using different ERM systems will also be shared.

[Get program handouts]

  • Lorna Tang, Coordinator, University of Chicago
  • Shyama Agrawal, Moderator, Duke University
  • Amy L. Moberly, Speaker, California Western
  • Eric C. Parker, Speaker, Northwestern University
  • Julie R. Stauffer, Speaker, University of Chicago

The Elusive Updating Loose-Leaf: Cataloging Standards and Practices for the 21st Century (TS-SIS Program)

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 2:15 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
PCC-Room 112(B)

This program will present current practices for cataloging print integrating resources (updating loose-leafs). We will discuss creating original records for new editions as well as revising existing records to link to new formats, particularly electronic versions. We will also discuss previous cataloging practices in light of Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) guidelines, why we see a variety of treatments in shared bibliographic databases, and how we should deal with the records we encounter.

[Get program handouts]

  • Rhonda K. Lawrence, Moderator, UCLA
  • George Prager, Speaker, New York University
  • Melissa Beck, Speaker, UCLA

Enhancing Library Services with Technical Services Skills: From the Backroom to the Front Lines (Program K-4)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 3:15-4:15 p.m.
PCC-Room 204(A)

Shrinking library budgets often require reductions in materials and staffing, even as demands for library services continue to grow. Some libraries deal with this dilemma by bridging the previously well-defined distinctions between technical services and public services. Initiatives and projects on public services department “wish lists” can often be readily accomplished when goals are realigned to utilize the expertise and specialized skill sets of technical services staff. This program will explore techniques for building cooperative partnerships between the two departments. Managerial tips, best practices, ways of fostering innovation and creativity, and initiatives at various law libraries will be discussed.

  • Patricia Roncevich, Coordinator/Speaker, University of Pittsburgh
  • Catherine M. Bye, Moderator, University of Hawaii
  • JoAnn Hounshell, Speaker, Chicago-Kent Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Sara S. Repinski, Speaker, Widener University
  • Sallie Smith, Speaker, University of Pittsburgh

Executive Board Meeting, 2010/2011 (outgoing)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
PCC-Room 106(B)

  • Pam Deemer, 2010/2011 TS-SIS Chair, Emory University
  • Agenda
    • Attendance and welcome – Pam Deemer
    • Executive Board Officers’ Reports
      • Secretary/Treasurer Report – Elaine Bradshaw
      • Approval of Minutes of Last Executive Board Meeting
      • Chair Report – Pam Deemer
      • Vice Chair/Chair Elect Report – Ismael Gullon
      • Immediate Past Chair Report – Chris Long
      • Members-at-Large Reports – Katrina Piechnik and Suzanne Graham
    • Standing Committees Reports
      • Acquisitions – Eric Parker
      • Cataloging and Classification Committee Report – George Prager
      • Preservation Committee Report – Marilyn Estes
      • Serials Committee Report – Shyama Agrawal
    • Administsrative Committee Reports
      • Awards – Linda Sobey
      • Bylaws – Chris Long
      • Education – Ajaye Bloomstone
      • Joint Research Grants – Hollie White
      • Membership – Sean Chen
      • Nominations – Brian Striman
      • Professional Development – Aaron Kuperman
    • Other Activities
      • TSLL – Virginia Bryant
      • TS SIS online forums – Alan Keely
      • Webmaster – Martin Wisneski
    • Old Business
      • Strategic plan?
      • Handbook
      • Grant uses (as outlined in Handbook)
      • TS-SIS sponsored programs evaluation form
    • New Business
      • Recording of SIS non-AMPC programs/workshops
      • AALL’s My Communities-Setting up Exe. Bd. Community
    • Adjournment

Executive Board Meeting, 2011/2012 (incoming)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 4:15-5:15 p.m.
PCC-Room 106(B)

  • Ismael Gullon, 2011/2012 TS-SIS Chair, Mercer University
  • Agenda
    • Welcome and Introductions
      • Secretary/Treasurer report – Elaine Bradshaw
      • Chair report – Ismael Gullon
      • Vice Chair/Chair-Elect report – Miriam Childs
      • Members-at-Large reports – Suzanne Graham, Richard Paone
      • Past-Chair report – Pam Deemer
    • Standing Committees Reports (please share any plans for 2011/2012)
      ** Reminder to committee chairs that a list of your committee members is due to the TS-SIS webmaster by September 1.

      • Acquisitions Committee – Eric Parker
      • Cataloging and Classification Committee – George Prager
      • Preservation Committee – Sally Wambold
      • Serials Committee – Wendy Moore
    • Administrative Committee Reports
      • Education – James Mumm
      • Awards – Michael Maben
      • Bylaws and Handbook – Pam Deemer
      • Membership – Carol M. Collins
      • Nominations – Carmen Brigandi
      • OBS SIS/TS SIS Joint Research – Hollie White
      • Professional Development – Aaron Kuperman
    • Other Activities
      • TSSL – Virginia Bryant
      • TS-SIS online forums – Alan Keely, Smita Parkhe
      • Webmaster – Martin Wisneski
    • Old Business
      • VIP for the AALL annual meeting
    • New Business
      • Ad-Hoc Committee on Strategic Planning
      • Next Meeting
    • Adjournment

Heads of Cataloging Roundtable

Monday, July 25, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
PCC-Room 106(B)

  • George Prager, Coordinator, New York University

Heads of Systems Roundtable

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
PCC-Room 109(B)

The discussion topic is the integrated library system (ILS) and cloud computing, a new way of storing data and providing services that will play an important role for many libraries in the future.

  • Keiko Okuhara, Facilitator, University of Hawaii

Hot Topic Program (TS-SIS): The RDA Decision and What it Means for Me and My Library

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 9:00-10:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 111(B)

[Links to resources mentioned by speakers]

Regardless of how widely it is adopted, the newly-developed cataloging code, Resource Description and Access, will affect all of us in libraries profoundly – even if we’re not responsible for cataloging materials. Please join us as we lead a discussion on the recent information from the three U.S. national libraries, the decisions libraries need to make about RDA, and the impact of the new code on our institutions – especially in the area of library technical services. Specific RDA questions that you would like have addressed during the program can be sent it to Jean Pajerek at jmp8 [at] cornell.edu or posted to the TS-SIS discussion list at ts-sis [at] aallnet.org.

Isness vs. Aboutness: Development and Implementation of LC Law Genre/Form Terms (TS-SIS Program)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 3:00-4:00 p.m.
PCC-Room 112(B)

While subject headings describe what an item is ABOUT, genre/form terms describe what an item IS. Genre/form terms in the OPAC help users target or limit their searches to specific types of materials like Law Reviews or Court Decisions and Opinions. The program will describe how the LC law genre/form terms were developed and how to implement and utilize these terms in your library.

[Get program handouts]

  • Yael Mandelstam, Speaker, Fordham University
  • Robert Rendall, Speaker, Columbia University

InMagic Users Group Meeting (OBS-SIS)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
Marriott-Independence Ballroom

Innovative Law Users Group

Saturday, July 23, 2011 — 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Marriott-Room 302-306

Joint Research Grant Committee Meeting (OBS-SIS and TS-SIS)

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 7:00-8:30 a.m.
Marriott Conference Room 307

  • Hollie White, Chair, University of North Carolina

Membership Committee Meeting

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 10:45-11:45 a.m.
PCC-Room 110(A)

  • Sean Chen, Chair, Duke University

New Catalogers Roundtable

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 9:00-10:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 106(A)

The New Law Catalogers Roundtable for those new to the profession, and is designed as an open forum to discuss the issues, challenges, and intricacies of being a cataloger in a law library setting. All aspects of cataloging are fair game for discussion. If you just want to verify you’re approaching an issue correctly, if you’re looking for alternative ways of doing things, or just looking for the whys and the wherefores of legal cataloging, any question is welcome! “Veteran” catalogers are encouraged to attend as well!

  • Aaron Kuperman, Coordinator, Library of Congress

OCLC Update and Roundtable (OBS-SIS)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 9:00-10:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 112(A)

Preservation Standing Committee

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
PCC-Room 106(A)

  • Marilyn Estes, Chair, American University Washington College of Law

Professional Development Committee Meeting

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Marriott-Room 301

  • Aaron Kuperman, Co-Chair, Library of Congress

Putting the “M” in ERM: Best Practices in Electronic Resources Management (Workshop W-2; with CS-SIS)

Saturday, July 23, 2011 — 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
PCC-Room 203(A)

Electronic resources present managers with distinct challenges, including personnel, workflow, licensing, and marketing issues. A central tool for handling these challenges is an effective management program that supports and maintains both expanding electronic collections and diminishing print collections. Does your library use a complex variety of staff roles and interactions to manage electronic resources? This workshop will explore best practices for managing electronic resources. Panelists will address administrative and technical issues including: selection, access, workflow analysis, licensing options, ERM vendors, training, marketing, and staffing. Attendees will participate in the review of ERM tasks and design job descriptions for ERM staff. Learn to manage electronic resources and not allow them to manage you! A pre-workshop list of selected readings will be available to attendees.

  • Carol Avery Nicholson, Co-coordinator/Moderator, University of North Carolina
  • Linda J. Davis, Co-coordinator, Georgetown University
  • Cynthia W. Bassett, Speaker, University of Missouri-Columbia
  • Joseph A. Custer, Speaker, Saint Louis University
  • Mary K. Dzurinko, Speaker, M.K. Dzurinko Associates
  • David Greenebaum, Speaker, LYRASIS
  • Alan Keely, Speaker, Wake Forest University
  • Smita Parkhe, Speaker, Georgetown University
  • Gordon Russell, Speaker, Lincoln Memorial University
  • Tracy L. Thompson-Przylucki, Speaker, New England Law Library Consortium, Inc.

Rare Book Cataloging Roundtable

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
Marriott-Conference Suite 3

  • Sarah Yates, Coordinator, University of Minnesota
  • Many changes are forthcoming in the cataloging world, and this roundtable will be an opportunity to talk about what these changes might mean for cataloging and processing of rare books and special collections.

RDA for Everyone: Resource Description Access Explained to Non-Catalogers (Program D-1)

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 8:45-9:45 a.m.
PCC-Room 108(AB)

Resource Description and Access (RDA), the new cataloging code published in June 2010, is based on a recently formalized philosophy for providing access to materials. It is written with the international world of computers and online access strongly in mind along with the relationships of information elements. Librarians, other than catalogers, may not know much about this new code, nor may they know how these new standards for metadata creation will affect public services and technical services areas other than cataloging. Most may also not be aware of its possible applications outside of integrated library systems. “RDA for Everyone” will bring together a respected law cataloger/RDA tester, a well-known associate director/professor of legal research, and a reference and technology librarian (who is also the Chair of the Education Committee of the CS-SIS), to relate a brief history and description of RDA, explaining how it affects discovery and use of information, and how it has potential use outside the traditional library catalog.

  • Ajaye Bloomstone, Coordinator, Louisiana State University
  • Aaron Wolfe Kuperman, Moderator, Library of Congress
  • Richard Amelung, Speaker, Saint Louis University
  • Amalia Contursi, Speaker, Columbia University
  • Caroline Young, Speaker, Rutgers University

RDA Test: Law Catalogers’ Perspectives (Program I-1; with OBS-SIS)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 10:45-11:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 108(AB)

Law catalogers who participated in the RDA testing process during the fall of 2010 will describe their experiences. Topics will include: the testing process, overall impressions of RDA, and use of the online RDA Toolkit. The presenters will specifically compare using the online RDA Toolkit with using printed AACR2 guidelines for cataloging library materials. Participants will learn how RDA affected library workflow and productivity in the test libraries. (Please note that this program is NOT a training session on RDA itself.)

[Get program handouts]

  • Patricia Sayre-McCoy, Coordinator/Speaker, University of Chicago
  • Edward T. Hart, Moderator, University of Florida
  • Amalia Contursi, Speaker, Columbia University

Researchers Roundtable (OBS-SIS and TS-SIS)

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 9:00-10:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 109(A)

The focus for the 2011 Roundtable program and discussion is “Tips on conducting technical services related research.” In the current law library economic climate, research funding has become an emerging area of interest. This informal program will focus on how to get involved in researching technical services related topics. During the roundtable, presenters will outline steps for designing technical services research projects by sharing research concepts, funding sources, and showing example of successful projects. Program content will include tips on how to incorporate research into an everyday work schedule, how to identify appropriate research topics, and an overview of research grants available to technical services law librarians. Questions and discussion will be encouraged.

  • Kerry Skinner, Moderator, Arizona State University
  • Hollie White, Speaker, University of North Carolina Metadata Research Center
  • Chris Long, Speaker, Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis
  • Nancy Babb, Speaker, University at Buffalo SUNY

Serials Standing Committee Meeting

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 — 7:00-8:45 a.m.
PCC-Room 109(B)

  • Shyama Agrawal, Chair, Duke University
  • Agenda
    • Introduction
    • Announcements
    • Old business
      a. Exchange of Duplicates Program
      b. Project Counter Task Group
    • New Business
      a. Transitioning from print to electronic — claiming, routing, staff repurposing, etc.
      b. Electronic books
      c. Serials binding and retention
      d. 2012 Annual Meeting Program Proposals
      e. Open forum for discussion

Sirsi/Dynix Users Group Meeting (OBS-SIS)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
Marriott-Independence Ballroom

Softlink Users Group (OBS-SIS)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
Marriott-Independence Ballroom

Task Force on Standards for Vendor-Supplied Bibliographic Records Meeting

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 5:30-6:30 p.m.
PCC-Room 104(A)

  • Angela Jones, Co-Chair, Southern Methodist University
  • Alan Keely, Co-Chair, Wake Forest University
  • Agenda
    • Review of this year’s activities
      • Correspondence with Gale re MOML Trials records (and other Gale record sets)
    • Update on Serials Solutions ebook records
    • Planning for the coming year

Technical Services Management Issues Roundtable

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 5:30-6:30 p.m.
PCC-Room 109(B)

  • Ismael Gullon, Coordinator, Mercer University
  • Agenda
    • Welcome and Introductions
    • Personnel Issues
      • How to effectively manage your department with problem support staff, inexperienced and unsupportive supervisor, and problem HR staff?
    • Ensuring technical services expertise
      • How to provide staff with the type of skills necessary to function effectively in a Hi-tech environment?
      • Training and workshops
      • Performance evaluation
    • Other issues

TS/OBS/RIPS/CS-SIS Joint Reception

Saturday, July 23, 2011 — 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Maggiano’s Little Italy (1201 Filbert St.; get map)

  • Sponsored by Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
  • Katrina Piechnik, Coordinator, Jenkins Law Library

TSLL Board Meeting

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 10:00-10:30 a.m.
PCC-Room 110A

  • Virginia Bryant, Editor, George Washington University
  • Agenda
    • Introductions
      • New Board members: TS-SIS – Lorna Tang; OBS-SIS – Marilyn Nicely
      • Thank you to Jim and Ellen who are leaving the Board for their advice and prompt responses to email discussions.
    • Thank you to the TSLL staff: Cindy, Julie, and Martin
      • Thank you to TSLL TechScans blog staff: Corinne and contributors (Marlene Bubrick, Ismael Gullon, Yumin Jiang, Jean Pajerek, Andrea Rabbia, Christina Tarr)
    • Annual report highlights: another year with on-time delivery
      • Accomplishment of the year: revision of TSLL Structure and Policies, TSLL Stylistic Conventions, and TSLL Author Guide
    • Columnist changes within year:
      • Private Law Libraries: Beth Holmes (June 2010)
      • Classification: Marie retired in December 2010
      • Collection Development: Courtney Selby (June 2011)
      • Management: Karen Douglas (June 2011)
    • New columnists:
      • OCLC – Yuxin Li as new Chair of the committee (December 2010)
      • Serial Issues: Chris Hudson (December 2010)
      • Classification: Lia Contursi (March 2011)
      • Private Law Libraries: Allison Rainey (June 2011)
      • Collection Development: Karen Nuckolls (December 2011)
      • Management – vacant
    • Hein’s indexing of TSLL: improved, but wouldn’t count on relevance ranking
      • TSLL available through HeinOnline Law Journal Library as well as beta site
    • Open discussion: Any requested changes?
      • Editorship changes
    • Adjourn

Voyager Law Users Group Roundtable (OBS-SIS)

Sunday, July 24, 2011 — Noon-1:15 p.m.
Marriott-Independence Ballroom

  • Andrea Rabbia, Coordinator (send agenda items to Andrea at: arrabbia [at] law.syr.edu)
  • Agenda
    • Michael Tartaglione of ExLibris will be presenting on Voyager developments.
    • Angela Jones of Southern Methodist University will be presenting on some of the things they learned during field testing Voyager 8, specifically the Global Data Change testing.
    • Open discussion:
      • Possible topic: “How are libraries dealing with LC’s new genre headings in Voyager? I was hoping we could just display the $2 lcgft terms & not display the $2 anything else but, according to our IT folks, the OPAC can’t display based on $2.”
    • Administrative stuff: request for volunteers (do we need a new co-coordinator?), other items?

Website Advisory Roundtable

Monday, July 25, 2011 — 5:30-6:30 p.m.
PCC-Room 110(A)

  • Martin Wisneski, Coordinator, Washburn University Law Library