Here is the slate of TS-SIS meetings, the TS-SIS sponsored program, and other programs that technical services librarians may find of interest at the the 2015 AALL Annual Meeting, July 18-21, 2015, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Updated 8/1/2015 – Send updates/corrections to: Martin Wisneski, Washburn University Law Library
SATURDAY, JULY 18, 2015
- 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. – Innovative Law Users Group – Marriott-Grand Ballroom Salon D
- 1:45-2:45 p.m. – TSLL Executive Board Meeting – Marriott-Conference Suite 3
- 5:00-6:30 p.m. – Exhibit Hall Ribbon Cutting/Opening Reception – PCC-Exhibit Hall B
- 7:00-9:00 p.m. – TS/OBS/RIPS/CS-SIS Joint Reception (sponsored by Innovative Interfaces) – Marriott-Grand Ballroom Salon CD
SUNDAY, JULY 19, 2015
- 7:30-9:00 a.m. – Cataloging and Classification Standing Committee Meeting and Roundtables – Marriott-Grand Ballroom Salon C (Contact: Lia Contursi) – See the agenda (110 KB PDF)
- 10:15 a.m. – Exhibit Hall Opens (refreshment break, 10:15-11:15 a.m.; closes 5:00 p.m.)
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Descriptive Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting – PCC-Room 105A – See the agenda (116 KB PDF)
- 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- OCLC Update (OBS-SIS) – PCC-Room 112B
- Legal Information Preservation Alliance Business Meeting – PCC-Room 111B
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – EOS Seminar – Marriott-Grand Ballroom Salon D
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Program A3: Technology Skills Law Librarians Need to Thrive – A Group Discussion – PCC-Room 113A [Description at AALL website]
- Program A6: Google Analytics: Using the Software, Using the Data – PCC-Room 103A [Description at AALL website]
- Program A7: Effective Content Management for Improved Patron Service – PCC-Room 113BC [Description at AALL website]
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. – Program B2: Work Smarter, Not Harder – More Hip Tips for the Acquisitions Librarian [TS-SIS] – PCC-Room 108AB [Description at AALL website]
- 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Program C4: Enough to Be Dangerous: 00000110 Things Every Librarian Needs to Know About Coding – PCC-Room 204BC [Description at AALL website]
- Program C5: Designers’ Workshop: Subject Guides That Create the Effect You Want – PCC-Room 103BC [Description at AALL website]
- 5:15 p.m.-6:30 p.m. – Executive Board Meeting 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 (outgoing and incoming) – Marriott-Room 309
MONDAY, JULY 20, 2015
- 7:15-8:30 a.m. – Business and Awards Meeting (sponsored by Bloomberg BNA, LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters, and Wolters Kluwer Law & Business) – PCC-Room 112AB) – See the agenda (25 KB PDF)
- 8:45 a.m. – Exhibit Hall Opens (breakfast, 8:45-9:45 a.m.; closes 5:00 p.m.)
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – Program D7: Striking a Balance in Your Library Catalog: TMI vs. TLI [OBS-SIS] – PCC-Room 113BC [Description at AALL website]
- 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Program D2: Legal Project Management Deep Dive: The Basics and Beyond – PCC-Room 201BC [Description at AALL website]
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Program E1: Uncovering Discovery Systems: Digging Beyond the Hype and Gripe [CS-SIS] – PCC-Room 204BC [Description at AALL website]
- Program E2: Web Accessibility Will Be the Law: Are You Prepared? [MAV-SIS] – PCC-Room 103BC [Description at AALL website]
- 12:45-1:45 p.m. – Heads of Cataloging at Large Law Libraries (a.k.a. Big Heads) – Vendor Exhibit Hall (Contact: Chris Tarr)
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. –Management Issues Roundtable – tenatively PCC-Room 304 (Contact: Alan Keely)
- 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Program F2: So You Want to be a Web Services Librarian? [PLL-SIS] – PCC-Room 201A [Description at AALL website]
- Program F5: Strategic Integration of E-books and Digital Content in Law Libraries – PCC-Room 103A [Description at AALL website]
- 3:15-4:15 p.m.
- CANCELLED: Preservation Standing Committee – PCC-Room 105A
- Working Group on Vendor-Supplied Records – PCC-Room 102B
- 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- Collection Development Roundtable (ALL-SIS) – Marriott-Grand Ballroom Salon E
- Local Systems Committee Program (OBS-SIS) – PCC-Room 111A
- 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Acquisitions and Serials Standing Committees and Roundtables Meeting – PCC-Room 105B (Contact: Diana Jaque, Acquisitions Committee chair and Jacob Sayward, Serials Committee chair) – See the agenda(81 KB PDF)
- Rare Book Cataloging Roundtable (LHRB) – Marriott-Room 304
- 7:00-10:00 p.m. – Thomson Reuters and AALL Member Appreciation Event – Reading Terminal Market (enter between 12th and Filbert, between Basset’s and Pearl’s)
TUESDAY, JULY 21, 2015
- 7:15-8:15 a.m. – Education and Professional Development Committee – Marriott-Room 309
- 7:45 a.m. – Alma/Ex Libris Users Meeting – Meet at Conference Registration Desk in PCC
- 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Program G5: Mighty MT: Enhancing the Value of Machine Translation Tools for FCIL Reference and Collection Services – PCC-Room 103BC [Description at AALL website]
- New Catalogers Roundtable – tentatively PCC-Room 304 (Contact: Melody Lembke)
- 9:00 a.m. – Exhibit Hall Opens (refreshment break, 9:45-10:45 a.m.; closes 12:00 p.m.)
- 11:00 a.m.-Noon
- Program H1: Quality Digitization Projects on a Budget [GD-SIS] – PCC-Room 201BC [Description at AALL website]
- Program H2: The Future of ILL: A Debate – PCC-Room 201A [Description at AALL website]
- Program H6: Integrating Aggregated Content into Your SharePoint Intranet – PCC-Room 113BC [Description at AALL website]
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. – Classification and Subject Cataloging Policy Advisory Working Group Meeting – PCC-Room 102B
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. – Program I6: Law Library Interns: How to Make Them Work for You – PCC-Room 204A [Description at AALL website]
- 2:30-5:00 p.m. – Program I1: BIBFRAME Deep Dive: How Did We Get Here and Where Are We Going? – PCC-Room 201BC [Description at AALL website]
- 4:00-5:00 p.m. – Program J4: So You’re a “Databrarian” Now: Learning the Tools of the Trade – PCC-Room 204A [Description at AALL website]