Laura Ray, Chair
The Education Committee is charged with promoting awareness of new technologies, how technology is being used in libraries, and with creating educational opportunities for members outside the AALL Annual Meeting. It is primarily responsible for ensuring that our CS sponsored educational programming is distributed to our members.
Actively engage members, both virtually and in person, throughout the year.
The Education Committee is chaired by a member of the LIT-SIS.
Led by its chair, the committee:
- identifies the educational needs of LIT-SIS Membership:
- Educational needs of the Membership can be identified through tools such as online surveys distributed prior to the AALL annual meeting, throughout the year through the LIT-SIS blog and My Communities list, and other venues as needed.
- creates and promotes beginning and advanced level educational programs for LIT-SIS that reflect the needs of the membership:
- Through the AALL Continuing Professional Education Committee, offers webinars of interest to CS members and also to AALL members
- Coordinates with the LIT-SIS Executive Board and with approval applies for available grants for a workshop funds, as necessary;
- If requested by the CS Chair, arranges for a speaker for the virtual business meeting
- Creates and provides remote educational opportunities such as screencasts of Cool Tools presented at the Annual Meeting
- Promotes LIT-SIS related programming ideas through coordination with regional AALL chapter.
- reports briefly on the committee’s activities at the LIT-SIS business meeting
- submits a written report to the LIT-SIS Chair detailing the committee’s activities according to the deadline set by the Chair each year; sends a copy of the report to the Secretary/Treasurer
- writes and/or updates documentation to pass on to the following Committee chair