Online Discussion Forums for Not Only FCIL-SIS Members
Updated by Erin Koehler Gow & Lyonette Louis-Jacques (July 2022)
Online discussion forums are an important source of information and a way to globally network. Members of the FCIL-SIS often belong and actively participate in a number of online discussion forums. Please see the below list of forums dedicated to foreign, comparative, and international law research. Please see the website for each listserv or organization to access details about the service and guidelines of its use. We welcome recommendations, so please let us know if you don’t see a forum listed.
ALLA-ANZ (AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND)
- Website: https://www.austlawlib.org/communications
- To subscribe, visit: https://groups.google.com/g/allaanz/about
- To post a message, send an email to email@example.com
The Canadian Association of Law Libraries List is an un-moderated discussion list focusing on law librarianship in Canada.
- Website: callacbd.ca/resources/Documents/CALL%20Listserv_v6.pdf
- To subscribe: Send an e-mail in the following format to firstname.lastname@example.org: subscribe call-l First_Name Last_Name
- To post a message: send your message to email@example.com.
Visit the website to subscribe & access archives (viewable by list members only).
- Webstie: gwu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CHINALAW
EUROTALK (European Union)
A discussion list open to anyone working with information provided by or about the European Union.
- Website: jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=eurotalk
- Visit the website to subscribe & access archives.
- To send a message to the list email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FCIL-SIS community is open to current members of FCIL-SIS only. Visit the AALL My Communities platform community.aallnet.org to access all communities, including the FCIL-SIS community. To post a message to the FCIL community, you may either use the community web form or send a message directly from your email client using the FCIL community’s dedicated email address.
International Association of Law Libraries discussion forum, also open to the public.
- Website: org/about-iall-2/iall-listserv/
- To subscribe, visit: https://lists.law.duke.edu/sympa/subscribe/iallmembers
Discussion group designed to facilitate the exchange of information concerning the publication and information dissemination policies of International Government Organizations (IGOs). Foreign national government publications are discussed as well.
- Website: ala.org/rt/godort/taskforces/internationaldocuments/intldoc
- To subscribe, send the following message: SUBSCRIBE INTL-DOC First Last to email@example.com.
- To subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To post a message, send an email to email@example.com.
- To access the archive, visit: https://groups.google.com/a/ciesin.columbia.edu/forum/#!forum/int-law.
A free forum in French for users of electronic legal information products.
- Website: https://groups.io/g/Juriconnexion
lis-law (United Kingdom)
A list for news and discussion on legal information and law libraries, with particular reference to UK and EU sources. Visit the website to subscribe & access the archives.
OSALL (South Africa)
The Organization of South African Law Libraries’ email discussion network.
- Website: osall.org.za/?page_id=13
- To subscribe: email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Subscribe me to the OSALL List”.
- To post a message: email email@example.com.