Annual Meeting Programs
Listed below is an outline of the programs that have been sponsored by the Foreign, Comparative & International Law Special Interest Section over the years. For 1996 and 1997, all of the program proposals submitted (whether selected or not) have been listed. For more information on selected programs prior to 1995, see Houdek and Goldner, AALL Annual Meeting: An Annotated Index of the Recordings (Littleton, CO: F.B. Rothman, 1989-).
2017 Annual Meeting (Austin)
Cuban Law and Legal Research: A Snapshot During the Deshielo (FCIL-SIS sponsored program)
2016 Annual Meeting (Chicago)
Workshop: Two Sides to the United Nations: Working with Public and Private International Law at the U.N.
Asian Legal Information in English: Availability, Accessibility, and Quality Control
Roman Law, Roman Order, and Restatements (FCIL-SIS sponsored program)
FCIL-SIS Jurisdictions IG Joint Meeting
2015 Annual Meeting (Philadelphia)
Workshop: Researching the European Union (pdf) (co-sponsored by the FCIL-SIS)
Cross Border Disputes: Dissecting the International Investment Arbitration (FCIL-SIS sponsored program)
Designers’ Workshop: Subject Guides that Create the Effect You Want
2014 Annual Meeting (San Antonio)
Mexican Law and Legal Research: Overcoming the Challenges (FCIL-SIS sponsored program)
Hot Topic: Land Grabbing: Accessing Information to Protect Property Rights of Indigenous People
2013 Annual Meeting (Seattle)
Lifting the Veil: How to Effectively Research Foreign Customary Laws
WHO and ICRC: They Stand for Free Public Health and Humanitarian Law (FCIL-SIS sponsored program)
PAC-Rim Legal Values: A Primer on Top Legal Resources from Non-English Speaking Jurisdictions
FCIL Librarianship Core Competencies
- Supplemental materials: “Plan: Training Foreign and International Law Librarians: The Next Generation,” in Training the Future Generation of International and Foreign Law Librarians: Issues Papers, Summary, Plan 1-20 (Judith Wright ed., American Association of Law Libraries, 1992)(AALL Occasional Papers: No.12).
- Training the Future Generation of International and Foreign Law Librarians: Issues Papers, Summary, Plan (Judith Wright ed., American Association of Law Libraries, 1992)(AALL Occasional Papers: No. 12)(.pdf full text in 4 Parts: Pt. 1, Pt. 2, Pt. 3, Pt. 4)
- 1991 Town Meeting, Side 1 (.mp3, 42MB)
- 1991 Town Meeting, Side 2 (.mp3 , 37MB)
- 1991 Town Meeting, Written Transcript (by Lyonette Louis-Jacques)(.pdf, 21 pages).