Welcome to the GLL Mentorship Program: Build Your Skills project where new and veteran members can connect as mentor and mentee. Members seeking advice or guidance can connect with members willing to share their expertise and experience. No intermediary is needed, and no one tracks the connections made between people.
How do I Find a Mentor?
Review the areas of experience and topics below and select a participating mentor to contact. Mentor contact information is linked to the AALL directory.
If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact a member of the GLL Membership and Mentoring Committee.
Areas of Expertise
- Change Management
- Collecting and Reporting Statistics
- Conducting Surveys
- Friends Of The Law Library Groups
- Grant Writing
- Library Policies
- Library Space Planning (Construction, Renovation, Moves, Etc.)
- Meeting Planning and Procedures
- Press/Journalist Inquiries
- Project Management
- Staff and Personnel
- Strategic Plans
- Vendor Relationships, Negotiations, Contracts
- Bibliographic/Citation Management Software
- Circulation Management
- Community Partnerships
- Dealing With Challenging People
- Digital Reference Services
- End-user Training
- Expert Searching
- Facilitating Direct Legal Services
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Self-representation Resources
- Social Responsibility
- Unauthorized Practice Of Law