LSRD-SIS Procedures Manual
The LSRD-SIS Chair is elected for three years; serving first as Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, followed by Chair, and finally Past Chair. This officer is installed as LSRD-SIS Chair at the end of the LSRD-SIS General Business meeting at the AALL Annual Meeting and at this time announces the agenda that will be pursued during the Chair’s term.
- Serves as Chair of the LSRD-SIS Executive Board.
- Prepares the agenda and presides over the incoming LSRD-SIS Executive Board meeting at the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Communicates with LSRD-SIS Executive Board members, committee chairs and representatives on the business of the SIS throughout the year.
- Reports on the activities of the SIS to LSRD-SIS members in the “From the Chair” column of TSLL published during the year.
- Promotes the activities for the SIS by submitting items to the AALLNET’s “Special Interest Section News” section.
- Approves all expenditures as necessary and reviews LSRD-SIS financial statements in consultation with the Secretary/Treasurer.
- Appoints the chair of the Nominating Committee and two other members.
- Oversees the implementation of the Strategic Plan as necessary.
- Continues to serve as Education Committee Chair until proposals are submitted to AMPC in October. The LSRD-SIS Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect will be the Chair of the Education Committee as of January 1st after their election. The reasoning for the change in January is to ensure a smooth transition and based on the timing of the annual meeting programming. The Education Committee is responsible for coordinating, planning and submitting program proposals for the following calendar year’s annual meeting.
- Serves as ex-officio member of the Web Advisory Committee and works closely with the Webmaster by providing updated information for the LSRD-SIS website.
- Monitors the LSRD-SIS electronic list; posts announcements of LSRD related news.
- Monitors the activities of the SIS Council electronic list, distributes information as appropriate, and submits issues for discussion to the SIS Council Chair.
- Coordinates the scheduling of all LSRD-SIS business meetings, committee meetings, informal programs, and roundtables at the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Recommends a candidate to be appointed as AALL Liaison to the Marc Advisory Committee (MAC) (three year term) in consultation with Technical Services SIS, when appropriate.
- Appoints an LSRD/TS FROG (Funding Research Opportunities Grant) Chair (two year term) in consultation with Technical Services SIS, when appropriate.
- Acts as spokesman for information requested about the SIS from within AALL.
- Confers with Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect to appoint chairs of committees (currently OCLC Committee, Local Systems Committee, and Web Advisory Committee).
- Confers with first year Member-at-Large planning for the joint LSRD/TS/CS/RIPS dine-arounds.
- Approves all public relations efforts, such as brochure redesign, giveaways, bulletin board display, etc.
- Sends letters of appreciation to the Executive Committee members and committee members when their terms end.
- Reviews LSRD files as term concludes, pulls appropriate material and sends it to the AALL Archives.
- Attends and represents LSRD-SIS at the SIS Council meeting.
- Notifies AALL and the Chair of the SIS Council the election results.
- Invites CONELL registrants to meet the LSRD-SIS Chair at the CONELL Marketplace at the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Attends and represents LSRD-SIS at the CONELL Marketplace at the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Prepares the agenda and presides over the outgoing LSRD-SIS Executive Board virtual meeting prior to AALL Annual Meeting and the LSRD-SIS General Business meeting at the AALL Annual Meeting.
- Submits an annual report highlighting LSRD-SIS activities and accomplishments to the AALL Executive Board in June, which is published later on AALLNET.